Vice President, Information Technology (Hybrid)
Department: Information Technology
Corporate Area: Technology & Operations
Supervisor: Chief Technology Officer
The VP of Information Technology is responsible for the establishment and execution of the PBS information technology strategy; ensures its alignment with PBS' overall technology vision; and oversees the day-to-day delivery of that strategy to achieve business success. The VP of Information Technology provides technology leadership and strategic direction for enterprise architecture, enterprise product development, infrastructure, and data management services to support the PBS lines of business. The VP of Information Technology leads teams who are responsible for the design, development, implementation, maintenance, and analysis of the key organizational information systems including software applications, infrastructure, back-office, disaster recovery and customer support systems. He/she participates in and contributes to overall technology, operational, and enterprise business strategy development, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of the role of information and technology at PBS; business processes re-engineering; products and services development; and support for business units.
The VP of Information Technology will work on the most complex technology and business challenges at PBS, with a large and diverse set of stakeholders, which require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. As a PBS leader, he/she is accountable for providing subject matter and business leadership to his/ her respective organizations, as well as the business; establishing strategic and lasting relationships with key internal and external stakeholders; and is ultimately responsible for the satisfaction of these stakeholders regarding technology capabilities.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Develops the mission and vision of the information technology organization to foster business-oriented culture and mindset; and participates in the mission and vision of T&O and PBS at large
• Orchestrates the development of the information technology strategy and roadmaps working with other leaders in T&O; ensures its integration with PBS' strategic planning process, and the resulting business strategy and plans
• Provides annual (or more regular) planning, budgeting, and priority setting efforts for IT and is a key contributor to these efforts in the T&O areas
• Develops and controls annual operating and capital expenditure budget for information technology in coordination with T&O to ensure it is consistent with overall strategic objectives of the enterprise and is within plan
• Acts as a trusted advisor, and builds and maintains relationships with executives and business unit leaders to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensures cost-effective delivery of information technology and T&O services to meet those needs, and is able to respond with agility to changing business priorities
• Uses influencing and negotiation skills to create synergies across the enterprise to enable cost-effective and innovative shared technology solutions in achievement of business goals
• Provides strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of IT products, services, systems, and programs that fulfill the needs of the business, including solution architecture management, application management, security and risk management, and infrastructure and operations support management
• Directs the development of IT sourcing strategy and provides executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management
• Develops and maintains an IT workforce with the appropriate mix of business knowledge, technical skills and competencies
• May serve on enterprise planning and policymaking committees; drives the development of enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics to ensure IT delivers value to the enterprise
• Provides leadership, coaching and direction to the IT leadership team and staff
• Drives and manages software development and integration
• Ensures optimization and maintenance of systems and information technology infrastructure
Requirements for success:
• Demonstrated skills and knowledge in:
• Developing IT vision, IT strategic plans, and complex technology products and services
• Leading IT transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments
• Strong people management skills to define and evolve the organization in the rapidly changing technology and business media business. Developing and communicating to inspire and motivate technology staff
• Software development and operations, with a focus on effective bimodal (Mode 1 and Mode 2) delivery
• Budget planning, financial management and resource management skills
• Executing a strategic people plan to optimize operational efficiency
• Understanding and evaluating current and emerging technologies, technology directions and strategic application to business needs
• Developing and delivering innovative and agile IT solutions
• Project management skills, including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of diverse scopes in a cross-functional environment
• Ability to improve operational efficiency and service delivery effectiveness across all lines of business and technology platforms
• Bachelor's in Information Technology, Business, Computer Science, or other related field or equivalent work experience. MBA or Master's Degree preferred.
• 10+ years of experience in IT and/or business/ industry
• 7+ years of leadership responsibilities
• 5+ years of experience leading large, cross-functional teams and/or enterprise-wide programs, influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders effectively across
• Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6e2x8-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.