Station Engagement Manager, Climate Initiatives (Remote)
Department: Station Strategy & Development
Corporate Area: Station Services
Supervisor: Director, Programming Engagement
Part of the Station Strategy and Development team and reporting to the Director, Programming Engagement, the Station Engagement Manager is responsible for the development, execution, and oversight of station engagement campaigns around GA Programming climate initiatives. Working in collaboration with the Station Services, GA Programming, Business Intelligence, and Marketing teams, the job will include design and execution of engagement campaigns as well as managing station grants from RFP through final reporting. The scope of the position will include managing timelines, needs assessments, calls to action, station communications, and resource development.
The ideal candidate for this role possesses a background in project management and engagement, and should have expertise in developing strategic partnerships, engagement activities, and event strategies with PBS stations (or a similar membership organization) and key stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and execute a strategic station engagement plan to support and enhance GA Programming climate initiatives, to include the management of station grants and support from RFP through final reporting.
• Maintain a 360-degree view of the project over the course of its life, acting as a main point of contact and repository for information regarding the strategic engagement plan.
• Conduct research to identify station, local community, and educator needs and incorporate findings into a menu of station engagement activities that uphold these needs while also elevating the core values and message of PBS's climate initiatives.
• Act as the liaison among producers, key departments within PBS, and other external stakeholders, ensuring strong communication, collaboration, and responsiveness across all areas.
• Work with subject matter consultants and experts to develop station resources.
• Coordinate, facilitate, and/or moderate meetings with key staff, advisory board members and outside partners.
• Write and communicate project summaries for dissemination to internal and external partners.
• Advocate for all stations, ensuring that their needs are communicated throughout PBS
• Promote an environment of collaboration and inclusion, ensuring programs and projects are represented by a diverse group of voices.
• Coordinate and produce presentations at PBS system meetings and webinars.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements for success:
• 5-6 years of experience working in project planning, media, or community engagement
• Strong familiarity with public television programming and production on a local, national, and independent level.
• Strong understanding of station relations, engagement, and outreach on a local and national level.
• Bachelor's degree in communications, media, project management, or related field. An equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered.
• Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the ability to work on and manage multiple aspects of a project in numerous stages of development and completion
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work with PBS management, staff, and external partners in successful project execution.
• Multi-tasker who can prioritize and allocate time according to priorities.
• Highly organized; proactive; takes initiative.
• Strong people skills, diplomatic with a customer service orientation.
• Extreme attention to detail and an iterative learner.
• Ability to work under stressful circumstances and react to change productively.
• Ability to work as a team player in a collaborative environment.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (especially Excel and PowerPoint).
• Email marketing skills (use of Salesforce/Pardot).
• Fluent in digital and social media platforms and use.
• Basic web/graphic design skills a plus.
• Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnj50o-3-236-146-28-42 in your application.