Automotive Marketing Consultant
Sr. Manager, Social Engagement
Team: Multiplatform Marketing & Content
The Sr. Manager, Social Engagement, supports and manages the social media voice and engagement strategy for PBS social media channels. The role manages engagement initiatives and contributes to the social media content strategy for PBS, our programs and local member stations to build fandoms, deepen the customer relationship and support membership initiatives. The candidate will also serve as the team lead for social moderation, community management, and social media influencer and talent outreach, partnering with PBS programming and publicity teams.
The Sr. Manager, Social Engagement, will serve as a subject matter expert and collaborate with internal cross-functional teams, as well as partner with PBS station and producer social media/digital teams and lead ongoing efforts to experiment and expand into new and emerging platforms.
The Sr. Manager, Social Engagement, will keep the PBS accounts relevant within the zeitgeist, respond to our audience and identify and target niche audience segments. The candidate will provide regular reporting of brand engagement and social sentiment. The candidate will provide recommendations to teams on asset development, effective copy development and calendarization of both pre-planned and opportunistic/real-time content and engagement
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
• Conceive and create evergreen content to complement ongoing program, brand and mission campaigns that build fandoms and reach niche audience segments.
• Lead community management efforts for PBS social media accounts, including moderation and response strategy for comments and direct messages.
• Identify and build relationships with creators, prominent influencers and thought leaders.
• Implement and manage the PBS voice on social media for the organic and paid social content.
• Leverage zeitgeist conversation and encourage fan and talent engagement through content and community management.
• Work with PBS publicity team to develop and manage strategies and creative campaigns with influential social media creators.
• Stay abreast of social media platform functionality and trends to better inform content creation and strategies
• Collaborate with Business Intelligence team to provide regular reporting of brand engagement and social sentiment.
• Collaborate with the rest of the digital marketing team on current show campaigns and social media initiatives.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams across PBS, the Multiplatform Marketing team, local PBS stations and partners to support of PBS content and campaigns.
Requirements for success:
• 7-10 years of digital or social media marketing and/or communications experience
• Bachelor degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field
• Successful track record in managing social media voice for high-profile organizations.
• Experience working with talent and influencers a plus.
• Experience managing the creation of online content, publishing content for social media a plus.
• Experience and an ability to work closely with internal and external design groups
• Experience with content ideation, strategy, and creative campaign development
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• In-depth familiarity with online and social media marketing best practices and algorithms, and ability to communicate them to various internal and external audiences
• Ability to remain creative, diplomatic, calm under pressure
• Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional department, and to foster communication and collaboration internally and externally
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Ability to take initiative and act proactively
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia
PBS and our member stations are America’s largest classroom, the nation’s largest stage for the arts and a trusted window to the world. In addition, PBS's educational media helps prepare children for success in school and opens up the world to them in an age-appropriate way.