Sr. Director, Project Management (Remote)
POSITION TITLE: Sr. Director, Project Management (Remote)
DEPARTMENT: Technology Strategy, Planning & Management
CORPORATE AREA: Interconnection and Distribution - Products and Innovation
STATUS: Grant/Fixed-Term/Exempt (This position is fully funded until 09/30/2024)
SUPERVISOR: Vice President, Interconnection and Distribution Technology
The Interconnection and Distribution organization within the Products and Innovation Department designs, implements, and operates PBS's core technology systems for PBS' broadcast, B2B media distribution business as well as PBS Digital Platforms. The organization operates a 24/7/365 satellite and terrestrial system that distributes content and associated metadata to, from and amongst Public Television sites across all 50 states and 4 US Territories.
This Sr. Director, Project Management position is specifically targeted to support the in-progress development and deployment of Interconnection Stage 2 Linear Content and Metadata delivery services across the Public TV footprint. The person selected will be working to execute the planning, and management of the solutions provided by the vendors selected as part of the Stage 2 system. The project will consist of upgrading terrestrial connectivity, equipment and additional products and services to enable stations to stream their channels to digital partners such as PBS Digital platforms and other streaming service providers as well as receive content from other stations and distributors that are streaming on the interconnection network. Responsibility will include keeping the project on time, on budget, and with superior customer satisfaction. In addition to the Stage 2 Project Management, Stage 3 R&D work is in the planning stages and organizing and managing that effort will provide the ongoing path forward for this position.
The Sr. Director, Project Management is responsible for providing overall management of the Stage 2 Interconnection Project: including developing, planning, and maintaining project scope, fostering collaboration and communication both within project team and to all stakeholders, creating and managing risk and quality assessments, and identifying cost savings opportunities. As part of the Interconnection team, he/she works to drive structure and coordination surrounding the interconnection project.
• Ensure the Stage 2 Interconnection project is executed efficiently and consistently on time, on budget, and within scope.
• Manage project spend and invoicing against deliverables and project budget.
• Support cross-functional teams in delivering key business initiatives related to the Stage 2Interconnection deployment project.
• Develop project plans, schedules, timelines, and milestones for the project.
• Work independently and with other team members to manage and deliver project related communications such as status reports and schedules across the project team and to senior management. Also included in this communication effort will be the organization and coordination of outgoing communications to vendors, stakeholder and the PTV system in collaboration with the communication department to facilitate the deployment and general knowledge of the project.
• Manage stakeholder and vendor relationships
• Manage the Stage 2 interconnection change control process in coordination with the System Integrator
• Identify and manage risks, assumptions, dependencies, and escalations on the Stage 2 Interconnection Project and stay informed of these factors with associated projects
• Continuously monitor performance of integrator and vendors and escalate as needed shortfalls and performance issues against plan and defined roles and responsibilities.
• Support deployment activities with vendors with ability to optimization tasks and processes needed to quickly deploy across a diverse footprint of service recipients.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• 5+ years of project planning & management experience
• Experience leading, organizing and directing projects in a matrix environment
• Expertise developing and managing relationships across organization
• Experience developing and maintaining a complex project plan using software such as MS Project
• Experience within media industry as well as streaming media
• Experience in television broadcasting, streaming technology, content distribution and/or telco industries a plus
MINIMUM EDUCATION / TRAINING REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Technology, Project Management or related field
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
• Ability to successfully work and collaborate with all levels of management, staff and vendors
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills and ability to present findings and conclusions clearly and concisely
• Ability to exercise initiative, produce desired results, and achieve objectives
• Confident and highly organized self-starter with ability to lead, motivate, negotiate, and influence a diverse group of driven, seasoned professionals
• Ability to embrace challenges with a drive to succeed
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk5vx8-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.