Senior Associate, Fundraising Strategy
Department: Fundraising Strategy
Corporate Area: Station Services
The Senior Associate, Fundraising Strategy, provides project support to members of the team regarding a dynamic, expanding portfolio of fundraising activities. All key activities focus on supporting and growing fundraising activities at PBS member stations. The incumbent collaborates with the team on the development of a range of fundraising tools, trainings, and resources, as well as promoting appropriate use among member stations.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Act as project coordinator for slate of programs and projects, and will establish and maintain project framework, production schedules and milestones; coordinate appropriate meetings with key staff and outside partners;
• Guide communications between Fundraising Strategies team and other internal groups;
• Proactively follow-through on key project deliverables to ensure deadlines are met for all fundraising activities including on-air and digital assets, station-facing trainings and professional development, and special campaigns and cohorts;
• Assist team in identification and preparation of materials for internal and external presentations;
• Coordinate the production and dissemination of station facing assets;
• Draft correspondence and materials for stations and project partners
• Monitor budgets and process invoices for various projects
• Handle documentation and procedures related to contracts, invoices, etc.
• Coordinate event timelines, and assist in planning and production of events
• Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements for success:
• 2 years' work experience in media production and/or distribution, development and/or corporate marketing/sales; public media experience or exposure a plus.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, communications, or related field preferred.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects effectively on budget and on deadline
• Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated success in working well with all levels of management, as well as with internal and external teams
• Strong skills in typing/word processing, spreadsheets, electronic communications systems, and using the Internet, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Office
• Enthusiastic, flexible team player who has the willingness and aptitude to acquire new skills
• Superior organizational skills with the ability to accomplish multiple tasks and to prioritize work, and be comfortable with a fast-paced, changing environment
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Familiarity with travel, conference, and meeting planning logistics
• Ability to identify multiple strategies to tackling problems
• Ability to figure out and navigate the organization's structure and work effectively within it
• Positive attitude and ability to apply feedback on his/her work
• Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjv5b2-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.