Team: Multiplatform Marketing & Content
The SEO Manager will focus on enhancing the discoverability and performance of PBS content through SEO best practices. The ideal candidate will have experience interacting with contacts ranging from marketing strategy to product development to analytics teams. The SEO Manager will oversee SEO across various teams and functions, communicating recommendations to drive organic traffic increases and meet PBS audience goals.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
• Monitor, plan and optimize the discoverability and performance of pbs.org as a whole, as well as key campaigns through collaboration with stakeholder groups.
• Monitor domain-wide search health across PBS digital properties and in app store environments.
• Work with UX designers, developers, and digital strategists on web builds to lead proper SEO implementation, aid in content template strategy, and support analytics tracking.
• Keep pace with SEO, search engine, social media, and internet marketing industry trends and developments.
• Serve as the main point of contact between PBS and external SEO consultants
• Develop and grow SEO processes for PBS Digital & Marketing, including but not limited to, developing education sessions for internal teams, evaluating page templates and writing best practice documents.
• Work closely with the content, marketing, product and business intelligence teams on best practices for technical and on-page SEO.
• Advise content teams on keyword research and content development, providing on-page optimizations suggestions (including keyword insertion/deletion, metadata, schema, etc.) and landing page optimization.
• Support internal and external linking strategy
• Familiarity with SEM marketing campaigns to define successful keywords and customer language.
• Work in step with Platform Marketing and App (Product) teams to support App Store Optimization (ASO).
Technologies you should love:
• Google Analytics, Google Search Console
• 3rd party SEO evaluation tools (Moz, Conductor, SEMRush, etc.)
• Google Pagespeed insights
Requirements for success:
• 4-5 years SEO/SEM experience
• 3-5 years program marketing, content production within a marketing team, agency, media company or non-profit a plus.
• Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills across technical and non-technical groups
• Experience collaborating with large numbers of teams remotely.
• Ability to foster collaboration internally and externally.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Experience juggling multiple projects and priorities while maintaining a big picture view
• Creative and thoughtful experience in presentation slides is a plus.
• Certifications/qualifications in Analytics, Data Studio, and/or other key marketing platforms are a plus.
• Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o370-3-87-33-97-42 in your application.