Position Title: Senior Program Associate
Department: Programming Operations
Corporate Area: GA Programming
Supervisor: Director, Programming Operations
The Senior Program Associate in General Audience Programming is responsible for facilitating the post-production and delivery process of programs/series in a specific genre. This individual must maintain and update program material from acceptance through the duration of the project's rights period.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Manage program delivery.
Oversee the post-acceptance process to ensure adherence to programming, packaging and deliverable guidelines
• Oversee the completion of Programming Operations paperwork for incoming programs via Producer Portals (including format, webtags, production credits and media inventory, and other program documentation)
• Support Assistant Director(s) in obtaining and managing project deliverables
• Screen programs in production for FCC compliance issues and create flag reports for communication to producers, review final screening reports to assure quality of final product
• Identify issues arising from program repackaging and coordinate with Assistant Director(s) to develop and implement solutions
• Deal with issues arising from late arriving broadcast masters and other deliverables
• Act as a source of information for internal concerns/queries
• Review repeat programming to ensure content and packaging is up-to-date or if repackaging is needed
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements for success:
• 2 to 4 years' experience in television production and programming
• Bachelor's degree in communications or related field with experience in a public broadcasting environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience working in film/video production and post-production capacities
• Experience with PBS operations and procedures is desirable
• Experience with public television programming, guidelines and practices preferred
• Experience negotiating with producers on the subject of deliverables and other matters related to broadcast preferred
• Ability to identify and evaluate sensitive or problematic material in programs
• Ability to pre-screen programs prior to air to ensure that they meet all PBS packaging guidelines
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel and a familiarity with database programming
• Excellent project management and organizational skills – working with multiple projects in numerous stages of development
• You display a strong attention to detail and ability to follow through proactively on projects until completion
• Ability to meet deadlines, work under stressful circumstances, react to change productively, and handle other essential duties as assigned
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills – diplomacy a must
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Ability to work as a team player in a team environment
• Analytical skills with respect to program material
• Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1p8xx-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.