Senior Product Manager, Education
Team: PBS Digital
The Senior Product Manager, Education leads the roadmap, development and ongoing maintenance of the PBS flagship product for educators, PBS LearningMedia. They will collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders at PBS and across public media to drive the product strategy for PBS LearningMedia while always advocating for the highest product value for the end user.
Essential duties will include, but not limited to:
• Lead the design, development and management of PBS LearningMedia including user experience, CMS systems for multiple types of content collaborators and systems for teachers to manage classroom rosters and assignments
• Be an advocate for the end user (Formal and Informal Educators as well as their students) in every aspect of PBS Education Products
• Collaborate with product stakeholders to define product outcomes
• Manage the remote development team for PBS LearningMedia using Agile SCRUM methodologies. Create and maintain roadmaps and manage the day-to-day needs of the team
• Drive quality assurance reviews for ongoing and new product releases including automated testing, and managing external testers
• Drive User Acceptance Testing (UAT) documentation generation, delivery and sign off with stakeholders
• Build engagement solutions from PBS KIDS data and working cross functionally with marketing, engineering, content teams and product leadership to go to market.
• Assist in the technical definition and delivery of social experiences across digital products and measuring engagement.
• Lead Tier 3 customer support of PBS LearningMedia for consumers and PBS Stations
• Lead internal product delivery updates and status for communication across PBS
• Assist with the PBS LearningMedia analytics dashboard collaborating with cross-departmental stakeholders to generate and track meaningful KPIs.
• Participate in the ideation and innovation of new PBS Education digital products
• Create and maintain documentation for PBS LearningMedia
• Serve as integral member of the PBS Education team, participating in group projects and discussions, staying up-to-date on research and related trends, and contributing to overall vision and strategy for the department
• Represent the PBS Education team at PBS meetings and industry events
• Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements for success:
• Bachelor's degree with major in: computer science, educational technology, communications, education, design or related field
• At least five years' product management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience working in public media or for a PBS station is a plus
• Experience in Educational Media is a plus
• Ability to work independently to generate user stories, and key performance indicators'
• Familiarity with Django, Python, HTML, CSS, JS and Google Analytics,
• Ability to generate and track detailed quality assurance reports
• Ability to review and work with database content and administrative interfaces/CMS systems.
• Good communication skills, especially when dealing with customers
• Understanding of social networking tools and trends and opportunities for user generated content.
• Understanding of identity systems, security and privacy
• Familiarity with children's privacy guidelines (such as COPPA and FERPA)
• Familiarity with online stats metrics and reporting systems
• Familiarity with LMS systems
• Basic understanding of the use of colors and fonts, placement of images and other page elements, and navigation and organization of pages/sub-sections to ensure development of fast, downloadable Web pages with high quality images
• Superior organizational skills and orientation to details
• Resourceful, self-directed, and a flexible team player
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• A strategic thinker who can meet aggressive deadlines
• Ability to plan, problem solve, and prioritize several assignments at the same time
• Strong listening and presentation skills, including the ability to manage production critiques
• High degree of initiative and ability to take charge/lead without day-to-day supervision
• Project management skills and experience are a definite plus
• Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d554wz-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.