Senior Manager, Product Operations (Hybrid)
Senior Manager, Product Operations
Department: PBS KIDS Product and Technology
Corporate Area: PBS KIDS
Status: Full Time/Fixed Term/Grant (This position is fully funded through 9/30/2023, and will be renewed on receipt of additional federal appropriations approval annually through 9/30/25.)
Supervisor: Director, Game Tooling and Analytics Products, PBS KIDS
At PBS KIDS our mission is to use the power of media to open worlds of possibilities for all children, so that every child can reach their full potential in school - and in life.
Our curriculum-based video and game content is used by over 12 million children each month across mobile apps, TV, and pbskids.org. In the past year these PBS KIDS destinations have won multiple awards, including 2 Webby's, 5 Kidscreen awards, and 6 Parent's Choice Awards.
We are passionate about providing all children with safe high-quality media experiences that educate and inspire. At PBS KIDS you'll get to work on projects that have a meaningful impact on millions of kids and families, and will have the opportunity to collaborate with the people who make some of the finest products and content in children's media.
We are looking for a product operations manager to streamline and improve the Product & Technology (P&T) team's tools and processes, enabling successful delivery of products, services, and experiences of PBS KIDS-owned platforms. Collaborating with operations functions within other teams–including but not limited to content development, distribution, creative and research–this role will develop a consistent approach to how the P&T team operates and will drive and support cross-functional alignment on PBS KIDS' priorities.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Streamline communication within the Product & Technology team and with other functional groups.
• Standardize planning and processes, leveraging both agile and waterfall methodologies.
• Advocate for and educate staff on product management best practices and garner adoption of methodologies that will yield aligned, measurable, and successful delivery of portfolio goals and commitments.
• Create and manage documentation for Product & Technology team, including but not limited to onboarding processes.
• Identify opportunities to strengthen individual and team performance (e.g. training)
• Partner with cross-functional teams to develop workflows for demand intake and management.
• Support product prioritization efforts by gathering product data to help product managers with informed, data-backed decision making.
Requirements for success:
• Five years experience in product operations or product management
• Bachelor's degree in management, operations, business or a related field. CSM certification, PMP certification or equivalent, a plus. Candidates with Computer Science or other technical degrees and relevant product management experience are also encouraged to apply.
• Experience with various software development life cycles (SDLC, e.g. agile, waterfall)
• Experience managing change
• Experience managing complex projects on aggressive timelines
• Experience with web and/or mobile applications
• Experience with product tools such as Pivotal Tracker, Atlassian, Roadmunk
• Experience leading and developing high performing teams, a plus
• Familiarity with JS, APIs and Analytics products, a plus
• Advanced technical knowledge, a plus
• Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
Skills and Abilities Required:
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong documentation skills
• A track record of following through on commitments
• Strong planning, organizational and time management skills
• Knowledge of relevant web and mobile application technologies
• Excellent analytical and conceptual thinking skills
The position is funded by a Ready To Learn grant from the US Department of Education to the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) and PBS. The CPB-PBS Ready To Learn Initiative focuses on the development, dissemination, and evaluation of content across media and platforms for children ages 2-8 designed to improve learning outcomes and increase school readiness.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk9bwk-35-175-107-185-42 in your application.