Senior Manager, Business Intelligence
Team: Business Intelligence
Status: Full Time/Regular/Exempt
The Senior Manager, Business Intelligence provides audience research consultation and research project management for Programming, Marketing, Station Support and Promotion, offering strategic audience insights to inform decision making. They utilize multiple research tools, including Nielsen, Google Analytics, and other syndicated, digital and custom market research sources to help create a full understanding of PBS audience behaviors and attitudes, as well PBS's position in the marketplace. This position will serve as a key resource for the Director, Consumer Insights & Analysis, working on crucial research initiatives that garner insights into target audiences, programming, multi-platform, and marketing strategies.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Support the Consumer Insights & Analysis team through the use of syndicated market research tools. Analyze key ratings, multiplatform viewing metrics and consumer behavior to help inform decision making by the programming and marketing teams of PBS.
• Produce timely and detailed viewing reports that assess PBS's linear, non-linear, and social performance as well as competitors' performance
• Perform data analysis using disparate sources of data to effectively inform stakeholders
• Partner with Business Intelligence Leadership on select strategic projects across PBS and its member stations
• Work with the Data Strategy & Operations team to define unified measurement solutions, achieve reporting efficiency, build KPI dashboards and make use of data visualization tools
• Collaborate with the Multiplatform Marketing and Content team to produce comprehensive reports, maximize marketing and social campaigns, and understand multiplatform audience behaviors
• Serve as an expert on viewer trends and media behavior across linear, digital, and social platforms
• Develop benchmarks based on past performance and forecast strategies
• Foster effective relationships with internal and external partners, vendors, and stakeholders
• Keep pace with social media and digital media industry trends and developments
Requirements for success:
• Bachelor's degree in a related field and 3 years of relevant experience required.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage resources to achieve project goals within time and budget constraints
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage overlapping deadlines
• Ability to practice innovative and creative thinking, and to motivate others to do the same
• Ability to collaborate as a team player with all levels of staff and external stakeholders
• Serves as a subject matter expert in field(s), staying current in requisite skills and sharing new knowledge and practices with relevant team members
• Consistently demonstrates respect for inclusion, diversity, and ethics
• Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Proficiency in and/or ability to learn relevant software, programs, etc.
• Experience with Nielsen syndicated tools such as Overnights, Local (NLTV/Arianna) and National ratings tools (NPower)
• Experience with digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Data Studio, Facebook Insights, YouTube Analytics and social analytics tools
• Experience using syndicated consumer research tools such as MRI and YouGov
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3koo9-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.