Senior Enterprise Architect (Hybrid)
Department: Technology & Operations
Supervisor: Chief Technology Officer
PBS is seeking a Senior Enterprise Architect. The Senior Enterprise Architect (SEA) leads the creation and evolution of the enterprise architecture strategy, vision, standards, best practices, and roadmap for PBS; and participates in the technical aspects of strategic decisions regarding technology for PBS. This person is responsible for managing the enterprise architecture function in the CTO organization and oversees enterprise architecture implementation and ongoing refinement activities to help drive simplicity and inter-operability at PBS. The SEA acts as a sponsor, reviewer, or advisor to the CTO and business leaders in the development of technology solutions for business needs. The SEA leads the identification and analysis of enterprise business drivers and capabilities to develop enterprise architecture requirements; and the development of enterprise architecture governance and compliance practices.
The Senior Enterprise Architect is a Senior Director and reports to the Chief Technology Officer. The SEA can expect to work on the most complex, sensitive, and time-urgent projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. As a PBS leader, the SEA is accountable for providing subject matter and business leadership to his/ her respective organizations, as well as the business; establishing strategic and lasting relationships with key internal and external stakeholders; and is responsible for the satisfaction of these stakeholders regarding technology capabilities.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Leads and coordinates discussions relative to proactively defining future architecture strategy and direction
• Leads, manages, and develops the enterprise architecture team
• Develops architectural capabilities and sensibilities among other staff
• Leads analysis, design, and development of roadmaps and implementation plans based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint
• Develops enterprise-wide architecture best practices, policies, standards, guidelines, and processes
• Establishes and leads governance processes and manages exceptions to architectural standards
• Ensures technology compatibility with existing solutions, infrastructure, services, and strategic direction; and oversees architectural reviews of modern designs
• Directs the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends; promotes innovative solutions
• Provides technical guidance and strategic consultation to CTO leaders and business partners
• Leads and/or directs continuous improvement and simplification efforts to enhance performance and provide increased functionality aligned with strategy
• Leads evaluation and advisory on options, risks, costs versus benefits, system impacts, and technology priorities in complex situations
Requirements for success:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience. MBA or master's degree preferred.
• Cloud Architecture or Engineering Certifications Preferred
• Experience with TOGAF or other Architecture Frameworks
• 12+ years of IT and business/industry work experience including architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management and infrastructure planning and operations
• 6+ years of leadership experience
• Experience leading cross-functional teams and/or enterprise-wide programs, influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders effectively across the organization and within complex contexts
• Demonstrated skills and knowledge in strategic planning and estimating the impact of EA initiatives
• Advanced knowledge and application of all components of holistic enterprise architecture, business re-engineering principles and processes; and intermediate knowledge and application of financial models and budgeting
• Collaborating with technology, media, and business leaders to understand enterprise strategic priorities and capabilities, and translate into EA requirements
• Analyzing the current architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements
• Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro6px4-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.