Senior Business Analyst - Grants
Department: Business Intelligence
Corporate Area: Digital and Marketing
Status: Full-Time/Fixed Term/Grant (This position is funded through December 31, 2024.)
Supervisor: Director, Strategic Insights and Analysis
As a member of the Business Intelligence Group (BIG), Sr. Analyst will play an integral role in providing data analysis support on grants awarded to PBS. The Sr Analyst will provide support on analyzing how well PBS is performing against KPIs outlined in grants, including collecting data in support of KPIs from various internal stakeholders, consolidating the data, extracting relevant insights, and creating narratives and presentations around the data. The Sr. Analyst will be expected to attend grants meetings and report on progress against grants. As part of the BIG team, the Sr. Analyst will coordinate and support multiple stakeholders including PBS Foundation as well as Programming, Digital and Operations teams. On occasion, this role will work with external partners providing data support on projects. The Sr. Analyst must be skilled at looking at diverse data metrics including resource productivity, operational performance, program performance, user engagement and other metrics.
PBS BIG supports the mission of PBS and its member stations by providing valuable insights into audience and member behavior, as well as trends to inform strategic decision-making across all departments.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Create data processes and standards for grant funded projects; develop frameworks for reporting on different types of proposals.
• Develop project KPIs; operate and maintain KPI tracking. Create KPI dashboards.
• Create narratives around the data. Prepare PPT presentations for funders.
• Attend monthly status report meetings with PBS funders and write project status reports.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for all internal and external grant funded project performance information.
• Provide guidance on metric goals for future proposals to funders. Facilitate information sharing on grant goals.
• Work closely with internal teams to execute on grant goals.
• Provide ad hoc analysis and support on BIG project.
Requirements for success:
• 2-3 years of experience in business analysis, data analysis, consulting, or similar field
• Bachelor's degree required
• Strong spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation skills. Ability to process, organize and use data to create analyses
• Ability to synthesize information into reports and dashboards
• Self-motivated individual who can work independently and as part of a team in a highly collaborative environment
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals within the organization
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Ability to establish and document procedures and standards
• Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7kyvq-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.