Senior Associate, Grants
DEPARTMENT: PBS Foundation
SUPERVISOR: Senior Manager, Grants
The PBS Foundation provides philanthropic support on behalf of the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) and its member stations. In supporting PBS, the PBS Foundation seeks private funds from individuals, foundations, and corporations for priority initiatives and carries out such activities as prospect identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and donor stewardship; generation of proposals; and grants and gift management.
The Senior Associate, Grants works closely with the Senior Manager of Grants and provides active support in furtherance of the PBS Foundation's grants management efforts, including resource development, grant administration and analysis, grant reporting, grant monitoring, and administrative support to execute on PBSF's strategic vision.
Essential duties will include but not limited to:
• Support the Senior Manager of Grants in the successful administration of PBS's active grants by tracking grant terms and deliverables, inputting data, coordinating internal and external meetings;
• Maintain files and database records for proposals and grants, tracking prospect management activities, and compiling supporting materials for current and potentials grantors;
• Prepare meeting materials, including the creation of research materials, analyses, reports, presentations, agendas, and other materials needed for meetings with funders and potential funders;
• Assist in drafting grant reports, Letters of Inquiry (LOIs), and other correspondence with funders and working with finance and accounting to draft financial reports and analysis;
• Assist in the identification of potential funders and work with the Research and Prospect Management team to complete foundation and corporate prospect profiles;
• Provide ongoing administrative support to the Foundation's institutional giving fundraisers including but not limited to coordinating meetings, travel, schedules, expense reports, and correspondence/mailings;
• Serve as a member of the Foundation operations support team, assisting in the maintenance of files, meeting notes, supplies, renewing subscriptions, mail distribution and other administrative duties associated with efficient work flow of PBSF office;
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for success:
• At least three years of recent non-profit work experience; Familiarity with a fundraising foundation, federal grants, or public media a plus.
• Bachelor's degree required; or the equivalent combination of experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
• At least one year of experience using a fundraising donor management or grants management software system;
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Exceptional judgment skills
• Demonstrated strong organization skills with attention to detail
• Self-motivated individual who can work independently and as part of a team in a highly-collaborative environment
• Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals within the organization
• Ability to set priorities, organize, and manage diverse activities to meet deadlines
• Consistently demonstrates respect for inclusion, diversity, and ethics
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8k0k-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.