- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Team: Engineering & Media Infrastructure
Status: Full-time/Exempt/Fixed-term (1 year assignment)
The Technology and Operations organization (T&O) designs, implements, and operates PBS's core technology systems for both traditional IT functions and PBS' broadcast and b2b media distribution business. The organization operates a 24*7 satellite and terrestrial system that distributes content to all 50 states and 4 U.S. Territories.
This Program Manager position is specifically to support of the Media Cloud Playout Project and related efforts. The person selected will be working to execute the planning, and management of the project. Responsibility will include keeping the project on time, on budget, and with superior customer satisfaction. The person in this role will work closely with the Senior Director of NOC Engineering and Media Infrastructure to manage the development, design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of the Media Cloud Playout project.
The Program Manager position is responsible for providing overall management of the project; including developing, planning, and maintaining project scope, fostering collaboration and communication both within project team and to all stakeholders, creating and managing risk and quality assessments, and identifying cost savings opportunities. As part of the project team, he/she works to drive structure and coordination surrounding the project.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
• Ensure the Media Cloud project is executed efficiently and consistently on time, on budget, and within scope.
• Manage project spend and invoicing against deliverables and project budget.
• Support cross-functional teams in delivering key business initiatives related to the Phase 1 deployment project.
• Develop project plans, schedules, timelines, and milestones for the project.
• Work independently and with other team members to manage and deliver project related communications such as status reports and schedules across the project team and to senior management. Also included in this communication effort will be the organization and coordination of outgoing communications to vendors to facilitate the deployment and general knowledge of the project.
• Manage stakeholder and vendor relationships
• Manage the change control process in coordination with PBS established processes
• Identify and manage risks, assumptions, dependencies, and escalations on the project and stay informed of these factors with associated projects
Requirements for success:
• 5+ years of project planning & management experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Technology, Project Management or related field
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
• Experience leading, organizing and directing projects in a matrix environment
• Expertise developing and managing relationships across organization
• Experience developing and maintaining a complex project plan using software such as MS Project
• Experience within media industry
• Experience in television broadcasting, content distribution and/or telco industries a plus implementing cloud solutions preferred
• Ability to successfully work and collaborate with all levels of management, staff and vendors
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills and ability to present findings and conclusions clearly and concisely
• Ability to exercise initiative, produce desired results, and achieve objectives
• Confident and highly organized self-starter with ability to lead, motivate, negotiate, and influence a diverse group of driven, seasoned professionals
• Ability to embrace challenges with a drive to succeed
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia
PBS and our member stations are America’s largest classroom, the nation’s largest stage for the arts and a trusted window to the world. In addition, PBS's educational media helps prepare children for success in school and opens up the world to them in an age-appropriate way.