Product Manager, PBS KIDS (Hybrid)
Department: PBS KIDS Product and Technology
Corporate Area: PBS KIDS
Status: Full-time/Grant/Exempt (This position is fully funded until 06/30/2025.)
Supervisor: Director, Product Management, PBS KIDS
This person will lead product management and delivery for digital optimization efforts on pbskids.org, helping to increase the reach and accessibility of PBS KIDS content. Working with the Director of Product Management, this person will be an integral part of the current website redesign project and will be primarily responsible for managing: (1) redesign and development of top visited site sections (e.g. videos and games); (2) redesign and development of show specific site templates; and (3) updates to the overall pbskids.org site infrastructure.
This position is part of a grant-funded project, and this person will also be responsible for general project management support on the grant including scope, schedule, and budget management. In addition, this person will work with many teams across PBS (e.g. grant management, engineers, product managers, content developers, designers, etc.) as well as with PBS KIDS content producers.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Product Management - 75%
• Manage the product lifecycle for, and lead development of digital optimization efforts for pbskids.org including feature development, infrastructure improvements, webpage template builds, and user experience.
• Work with PBS KIDS stakeholders, including content managers, product managers, engineers and content producers to gather requirements, develop roadmaps, and ensure goals are met.
• Manage a cross-functional team including designers, engineers, illustrators, content producers, and others.
• Define metrics and success measures to track performance. Communicate performance to stakeholders in a clear manner that informs priorities.
• Uphold PBS KIDS' position as a gold standard for children's security and privacy online and guide the team through regular tests for compliance.
• Manage usability testing of audience-facing products from strategic planning (use case development) to tactical execution (test delivery).
• Drive User Acceptance Testing (UAT) documentation generation, delivery and sign off with stakeholders.
• Ensure projects undergo a rigorous quality assurance process.
• Represent PBS KIDS Products & Technology team with internal and external audiences at meetings with stakeholders, vendors, producers, and other partners.
• Serve as an integral member of the PBS KIDS team, participating in group projects and discussions, staying up-to-date on research and related trends, and contributing to overall vision and strategy for the department.
Project Management - 25%
• Serve as Project Manager for the overall grant project, working cross functionally with stakeholders to ensure project remains within scope, on schedule, and in budget.
• Analyze project progress and, when necessary, adapt scope, timelines, and costs to ensure that project team adheres to project requirements.
• Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders, providing updates on project status and changes.
• Create and maintain documentation.
Requirements for success:
or more years' experience in digital product management, project management, software development or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Bachelor's degree in business, management, computer science, educational technology, or related fields. Candidates with other degrees and relevant product management work experience are encouraged to apply.
• Experience with modern web best practices and development, and content management systems. Familiarity with HTML, CSS, JS and web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics) desired.
• Experience leading cross-functional teams, tactfully critiquing digital productions, managing budgets, and leading initiatives.
• Knowledge of product management methodologies such as Agile and LEAN.
• Knowledge of privacy best practices for kids and regulatory requirements such as COPPA and FERPA.
• Strong management skills; ability to work with content managers, technologists, product managers and designers both inside and outside of the company.
• Must be resourceful, self-directed, and a creative problem-solver who can meet aggressive deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to plan, problem solve, and prioritize several assignments at the same time.
• Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d922mk-3-235-65-220-42 in your application.