POSITION TITLE: Product Manager II, Content Processing & Delivery (Hybrid)
DEPARTMENT: Software, Development and Operations
CORPORATE AREA: Technology & Operations
SUPERVISOR: Vice President, Software Development & Operations
Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) is a membership organization that, in partnership with its member stations, serves the American public with programming and services of the highest quality, using media to educate, inspire, entertain, and express the diversity of perspectives.
PBS empowers individuals to achieve their potential and strengthens the social, democratic, and cultural health of the US. Here is your opportunity to make a difference, by joining the PBS team and helping us enhance how we deliver our mission. PBS is seeking a Product Manager II to take on challenges of preparing content for distribution byworking with business teams, engineers, product peers and vendors. The Product Manager II possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big picture vision, and the organizational skills to make their vision a reality.
Reporting to the Vice President, Software, Development & Operations (SD&O), the Product Manager II will lead product management and delivery efforts for content processing and delivery solutions within PBS. The Product Manager II has worked with content pipelines and has experience delivering platform capabilities in a dynamically evolving environment. The candidate is analytical, collaborative and can build consensus under pressure. In all work, they use experience and judgment to solve problems, make informed decisions, forecast efficiency-based improvements, and take ownership of outcomes.
• Develops product strategy, vision and roadmap that aligns with the business needs and architecture and technology direction, consistent with enterprise priorities.
• Conduct analysis and work closely with management and stakeholder departments to ensure the right features are built to achieve product and business goals.
• Provides thought leadership in new areas of technology that will be critical for your product to scale and expand.
• Lead research and documentation with architecture and engineering team members to identify and then manage dependencies, risks, and opportunity costs to maintain a value-driven roadmap.
• Work closely with various customer constituencies to identify business priorities and corresponding justification and periodically communicate product roadmaps to these constituencies.
• Responsible for stakeholder management and keeping relevant groups informed and engaged by performing agenda development, initiative and decision tracking, facilitation, and follow-through on actions.
• Own feature development from start to finish and drive a vision.
• Partners with the business and support teams to effectively train and ensure operational procedures are defined to support new features.
• Partner with engineering, UX and external vendors to assess build vs buy options
• Defines and establishes the business outcomes and KPIs associated with product, in collaboration with the business.
• Builds both formal and informal professional networks among relevant internal and external stakeholders and influencers, in a manner designed to maximize the success of the product.
• Diligently follows relevant media product and technology trends.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Minimum five or more years of product management or relevant experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or another related field
• Product and/or Change Management certifications a plus
• Demonstrated working knowledge of the Product Development Lifecycle and Agile development methodologies and success defining and launching software products
• Experience working effectively with engineering, contributing to discussions around technology decisions and defined technical requirements
• Strong knowledge of modern web best practices and system and software quality assurance methodologies
• Demonstrated experience working with various disciplines (including executives, users, computer programming staff, and operations) to ensure the on-time delivery of software products and services
• Experience building-in positive customer experience-focused functionality into products
• Experience applying emerging media technologies, ideally involving distribution and deployment of products across a large, complex organization
• Knowledge of product development, business analysis, systems requirements and IT change management processes and related technologies
• Displays decisive leadership and judgment and is results-oriented with a commitment to delivering high quality software
• Deeply understands how to inform product strategy with analytics and considers these when making key decisions.
• Ensures the consistent review of the growth strategy and product vision
• Recognizes and mitigates against common product planning and roadmap pitfalls.
• Ability to develop detailed plans, capture and analyze data, summarize findings, and implement initiatives
• Applies change management principles and techniques to help manage through change as required to execute the product strategy.
• Demonstrated, highly developed ability to engage stakeholders to support important business decisions.
• Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to converse effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm3ozm-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.