Director, Product Management
Team: PBS KIDS Digital
The Director of Product Management leads the cross-functional team responsible for the PBS KIDS Games app on iOS, Google Play and Amazon platforms. This person will be responsible for product strategy, development and delivery of this flagship game distribution service.
The free PBS KIDS Games app is the mobile games destination for PBS KIDS, and serves a library of over 200 games to kids between the ages of 2-8. The app features games to support the curriculum goals of award-winning PBS KIDS programs such as Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, Arthur, and Sesame Street.The app averages over 2.5 million users per month, and is one of PBS' fastest growing products.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
• Plan and lead product development efforts across the team of engineers, content managers, designers, product managers and other functions that work on the PBS KIDS Games app every day.
• Lead product strategy and planning for the PBS KIDS Games app, including:
• Quarterly and yearly roadmap planning with stakeholders and development teams
• Grant funded project planning and deliverables
• Gathering and prioritizing requirements and working closely with stakeholders, designers, content experts, product managers and other teams to ensure PBS goals are met.
• Manage and mentor a Product Manager and other team members as required.
• Understand the PBS KIDS audience and be an advocate for what they need and want.
• Ensure every release of the PBS KIDS Games app meets the highest standards by developing user acceptance testing strategies and methodologies.
• Be an expert on app store requirements. Provide leadership to the product team on mobile app store platform roadmaps and resulting changes needed for the PBS KIDS Games app.
• Coordinate on shared resources and roadmaps with the wider PBS KIDS team working on games (content managers, engineers, designers, product managers, etc).
• Plan and manage usability and play testing of audience-facing products with kids in the target age range.
• Be an expert with respect to PBS KIDS' competitors' products.
Requirements for success:
• Four or more years experience in digital product management, software development or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Educational Technology or related field, or equivalent work experience. Master's degree is a plus.
• Robust understanding of user experience for apps and kids experiences.
• Must have general knowledge of and a strong interest in young children and/or early childhood education; experience with early elementary education a plus;
• Experience managing cross-functional teams, tactfully critiquing digital productions, managing budgets, and leading educational initiatives.
• Previous experience developing digital educational resources for children ages 2-12 preferred.
• Cordova apps and HTML5 applications are a plus.
• Knowledge of product management methodologies such as Agile
• Experience with HTML5 games and Cordova apps.
• Good understanding of mobile apps, databases, content management systems and community management and web analytics tools
• Knowledge of API development and API specifications.
• Knowledge of mobile and web game technologies, native and hybrid native mobile apps (HTML5, Cordova, Crosswalk), iOS and Android
• Knowledge of continuous integration and continuous development
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong management skills; ability to work with a highly talented team of content managers, technologists and designers both inside and outside of the company.
• Superior organizational skills and orientation to details.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yoeq-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.