Platform Manager, PBS Owned Platforms
Team: Streaming Platform Strategy & Operations
The Platform Manager will be responsible for overseeing the development of content experiences across PBS streaming platforms. The Platform Manager will create and execute strategies that entice new and diverse audiences and grow engagement of current audiences on streaming platforms. These platforms include but aren't limited to PBS' mobile and over-the-top television apps, websites, livestreaming services, etc.
This role will work alongside the Streaming Platform Strategy and Operations, Programming and Technology and Operations teams to ensure content experiences are in alignment with content windowing restrictions and curation strategies. As well working alongside the Marketing team to ensure alignment of marketing and promotion goals across paid and organic media campaigns. The ultimate objective is for this role to develop unique and compelling experiences across streaming platforms that are needed to keep PBS competitive in the ever-evolving media landscape.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and program digital video and content experiences for platforms including but not limited to digital content collections, video assets, graphics, etc.
• Scheduled and uploaded assets, edited assets as needed, captured thumbnails, managed livestream events, write clip descriptions and tags and kept track of analytical data
• Collaborate with program producers to develop content for platform distribution
• Coordinate and execute content promotional schedules and platform-specific marketing efforts
• Develop and execute audience engagement strategies leveraging platform tools
• Manage PBS' digital library for platform(s) including PBS owned properties and PBSd channels
• Uphold and enforce PBS' national standards and Practices, Editorial and Branding guidelines
• Offer feature recommendations to PBS' Product Development team and track release process of related features
• Attend and present regular collaborative and strategy discussions about performance on streaming platforms
• If not already, become familiar with Public Media System and specifically PBS Passport. Work with PBS Station Services to better align with the needs of member stations
• Research related media trends and stay up to date on technology, news and trends in order to assist in keeping PBS and its streaming offerings both competitive and true to our mission
Requirements for success:
• 3 to 5 years of professional work experience in a related field.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree; preferred area of study Business, Communications, Data Analysis, Marketing, or related field.
• Experience with content management systems.
• Knowledge of non-linear video channels – digital streaming services, platforms, devices, etc.
• Familiarity with video editing software (Final Cut Pro).
• Experience reviewing and development recommendations based on data.
• Interest in gaining experience with digital platforms, streaming services and broadcast networks.
• Experience and an ability to communicate and work collaboratively with internal and external teams.
• Interest in learning how to research and craft a digital strategy.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Ability to take initiative and act independently and proactively.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv12vn-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.