Mid-Level iOS Engineer (Remote)
Department: Product Development
Corporate Area: Digital
Supervisor: iOS Director of Technology
What PBS Has For You:
We're a small team responsible for big projects. We're hiring an Engineer to build the PBS Video and PBS KIDS Video products. For this role, ''build'' means:
• Review Swift code
• Write Swift code
This role sits on a team with three other iOS engineers. They will also work closely with the design and product management teams. Here are the apps within this role's responsibility:
• PBS Video
• PBS KIDS Video
Perks include amazing co-workers, a humane work-life balance, and meaningful work. If you're interested in delivering content meant to ''educate, inspire, entertain, and express the diversity of perspectives,'' please consider yourself a candidate.
What You Have:
You want to share the challenge of delivering millions of video streams weekly to the iOS and tvOS platforms.
It would be best if you enjoyed the responsibility and impact of seeing your work in the hands of users. You can speak to the interactions between client-side apps and their upstream API services. You have developed iOS apps in Swift. An ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
• Enthusiastic: We work at a company that affects positive change. Let's act like it!
• Collaborative: You're smart and communicative enough to mentor junior engineers. You can accept feedback from engineers that have had different experiences than you.
• Humbly opinionated: You bring what you know to the table and are willing to learn more.
• Lifelong learner: An inquisitive nature drives you.
Come Work With Us:
We expect that, as a mid-level engineer, you've:
• Completed a few big projects and have had some time to learn from them
• Passed the phase of engineering apprenticeship and are ready to take the next step
• If you want to work with a smart group and get things done, please start by clicking the button below. Please include some samples of your work in your application: code, blog posts, and links to personal or professional sites.
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by the date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination is required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer per the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx8o8o-3-236-146-28-42 in your application.
PBS and our member stations are America’s largest classroom, the nation’s largest stage for the arts and a trusted window to the world. In addition, PBS's educational media helps prepare children for success in school and opens up the world to them in an age-appropriate way.