Title: Manager, Educator Resources, Ready To Learn (Hybrid)
Department: Early Learning Engagement, Learning & Research
Corporate Area: PBS KIDS
Status: Full-time/Grant/Exempt (This position is fully funded until 09/30/2023)
Supervisor: Sr. Director, Early Learning Engagement, PBS KIDS
The Ready To Learn (RTL) project is a joint initiative of PBS and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB). It focuses on the development and dissemination of content across media to improve learning for children ages 2-8, particularly from under-resourced communities. CPB and PBS collaborate with producers, academic experts, national partners, and evaluators to develop learning content and employ innovative strategies to support learning at home, in the community, and in schools and centers.
The Educator Resources Manager supports PBS KIDS content creators by planning and executing the best possible user experience for educators on our content platforms, including PBS LearningMedia. A successful applicant will show a true passion for leveraging technology and high-quality media towards children's learning goals.The Educator Resources Manager will be the go-to team member for the development of resources to maximize reach and engagement with educators in school-, center-, and home-based settings.
The Educator Resources Manager will work closely with the PBS KIDS Content Marketing and PBS LearningMedia teams, the PBS KIDS producer community, and PBS member stations to develop resources that ensure maximum impact of RTL-funded resources on young children's learning. This includes researching, advising on, and executing the content development process of educator resources to maximize their end-user value.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with PBS KIDS producers, curriculum advisors, content developers, and internal stakeholders to develop and curate show-supporting content for educators across digital platforms, in alignment with mission and goals.
• Create and uphold editorial guidelines, developing standards, systems and best practices for resource creation to ensure the highest-quality contextualization of PBS KIDS content for school-, center-, and home-based settings.
• Manage media and other assets from draft stages into final production and distribution, including co-design, review, and providing timely feedback to contributors, and oversight of Subject Matter Experts and freelancers, as needed.
• Perform content audits and analyses to determine performance and inform content strategy.
• Manage publication, updates, and maintenance of PBS LearmingMedia content across RTL-funded initiatives and properties.
• Keep abreast of PBS KIDS show bibles and curriculum, and episode learning goals and narratives to guide curation and resource development.
Requirements for success:
• A minimum of 5 years' experience in a time-sensitive Editorial environment with education-focused content and classroom teaching, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the early childhood education field is preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in Education or a related field of study.
• Experience producing online and/or digital web content, including video content and writing materials for publication online and/or in print.
• Experience in instructional design techniques, with a preference for experience with virtual learning environments.
• Experience with Editorial procedures, co-design and content production processes.
• Knowledge of the PreK-3 early learning marketplace and national learning standards.
• Strong understanding of educational needs of teachers and the use of digital resources in school-, center- and home-based learning settings.
• Results-driven with solid editorial judgment and ability to identify and focus on strategic priorities.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, particularly in the ability to offer constructive, clear, diplomatic feedback.
• Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to manage timelines and overlapping deliverables with precision; project management experience preferred
• Ability to work independently and diplomatically in a collaborative and creative environment with flexibility to new possibilities
• Bilingual Spanish language abilities a plus although not required
• Experience working in or with public broadcasting preferred
• Familiarity with Google Analytics and basic traffic development strategies a plus
• Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm345x-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.