Director, Multiplatform Marketing
Team: Children's Media & Education
The Director, Multiplatform Marketing will leverage multiplatform marketing strategies to engage children, parents, caregivers and educators with PBS' Children's Media & Education content, products and initiatives.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and manage the implementation of multiplatform marketing strategies to engage children, parents and teachers with PBS and PBS KIDS, support PBS KIDS content and initiatives, and support PBS' PreK-12 educator-targeted content and initiatives.
• Oversee promotion strategy for PBS KIDS streaming video platforms.
• Support the launches of new content, as well as on-going content, services, apps, and products.
• Oversee PBS KIDS app marketing.
• Oversee promotion strategy for PBS LearningMedia.
• Oversee the Children's Media and Education team's owned marketing platforms, such as on-air, email, and digital.
• Provide marketing resources for member stations to activate locally.
• Oversee paid media campaigns of various scopes, including TV, digital, print, out of home, search and other media buys.
• Oversee overall marketing strategies targeting kids, parents and teachers across our brands.
• Lead PBS Children's Media & Education (CME) multiplatform marketing team, including the management of direct reports.
• Oversee day-to-day CME marketing activities in coordination with the CME team, Digital team, producers, partners, agencies, freelancers, contractors and others.
• Manage external vendors and consultants, including the development and supervision of contracts.
• Manage CME marketing budget, and other budgets (from grants and other internal sources) that support marketing for CME activities and products.
• Build and foster collaborative relationships with other departments at PBS, and in the public media system, to stay abreast of new initiatives, products and services in order to carry out the PBS CME marketing strategy.
• Integrate work with CME Social Media, Communications, Creative Services, and Station Services teams.
• Share resources and expertise with PBS member stations.
• Apply fresh ideas, experimentation and creative solutions to CME's marketing activities.
• Track, report on and present results and strategic insights for marketing activities and campaigns through data-driven analyses.
• Stay abreast of relevant Marketing industry trends, competitive strategies, and audience research, overseeing frequent analyses and sharing insights with the CME team.
• Work with internal and external partners to design and conduct research to ensure that CME campaigns are effectively engaging key kids (2-8), parents (of kids 2-8) and (preK-12) teacher audiences.
• Oversee and present competitive analyses in the Marketing space.
Requirements for success:
• 8+ years' work experience with increasing levels of responsibility in a marketing department, function or similar organization, including day-to-day management of marketing campaigns, projects and teams.
• BA in Marketing or related field, or equivalent working experience
• Strategic and creative thinker
• Results-oriented and data-driven
• Proactive and positive attitude
• Strong project management and supervisory skills; proven ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously in quickly changing environment
• Cooperative and collaborative, with the ability to work with a variety of disciplines, professional levels and skillsets
• Strong communication skills
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9165k-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.