Analyst, Business Intelligence
Director, Institutional Giving
Team: PBS Foundation
Status: Full Time/Regular/Exempt
The Director, Institutional Giving supports the Senior Director, Institutional Giving, by facilitating the execution of the strategic vision for raising funds for PBS's highest institutional priorities from the private foundation and corporate sectors as well as select government entities. The Director, Institutional Giving will help to manage the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of a robust portfolio of foundations and corporations.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
• With the Senior Director, Institutional Giving, design and execute the annual and long-range fundraising plan for institutional giving. This includes developing strategy, goals, agendas, and other collateral materials as needed and providing leadership in preparing all background/briefing material.
• Assist with managing a portfolio of foundation donors, developing solicitation and stewardship strategies, and maintaining a schedule of contacts with institutional donor representatives.
• Identify opportunities, analyze, gather intelligence, and conduct outreach to pinpoint mission-aligned program funding opportunities for PBS.
• With the Senior Director, Institutional Giving, write and produce proposal submissions, letters of interest, concept papers, and informational materials.
• Collaborate with the PBS and PBSF staff to pursue new institutional fundraising opportunities, including those with government entities (i.e. Researching and contributing to prospect/proposal strategies).
• Develop briefs and strategy documents to inform/prepare the leadership team and other key program staff for meetings with institutional donors and prospects; and participate in donor meetings as appropriate.
• Work with the PBSF team to strategize customized communications and touchpoints with top donors.
• Work with the Senior Director, Institutional Giving, to maintain institutional donor revenue projections. Deliver timely and efficient updates to PBS's departments, and maintain regular updates in Raiser's Edge.
• Help coordinate donor meetings and networking to gather intelligence, strengthen relationships with key PBS donors and champions, and represent PBS to identify and cultivate new donor and partnership opportunities.
• Prepare and collaborate with PBSF communications/stewardship team on communications and other written materials and presentations.
• Keep abreast of PBS's work, and participate actively in relevant team meetings, with the goal of identifying and developing fundable opportunities that support strategy.
• Ability to travel to achieve stated objectives.
• Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing start-up like environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a team of talented and experienced staff.
• Experience enabling strong interdepartmental relationships.
• Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team.
Requirements for success:
• Seven or more years of experience in fundraising, analytical, and strategic roles within the development and/or private sector.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Proven track record in successful fundraising.
• Astute, resourceful, and tactful, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse staff across an institution.
• Demonstrates the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
• Analytical, strategic thinker with excellent, clear, and informative communications and writing skills.
• Solid understanding of budgets and financials for proposals and reports.
• Demonstrated organization, efficiency, and timeliness in project management and delivery, meeting-planning, and facilitation.
• Effective and independent when working on teams with multiple priorities and deliverables while paying strict attention to deadlines and details.
• Ability to communicate complex issues, discuss funding opportunities with donors, and inform diverse audiences and stakeholder groups.
• Commitment to PBS's mission and goals.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia
PBS and our member stations are America’s largest classroom, the nation’s largest stage for the arts and a trusted window to the world. In addition, PBS's educational media helps prepare children for success in school and opens up the world to them in an age-appropriate way.