Compliance Manager, Interconnection
Team: Technology & Operations - Interconnection
The Interconnection team within PBS oversees the design, implementation, vendor management and governance of the PBS's grant contracted interconnection system. With new services and access being provided to more users in the PTV environment, there is an increased need for ongoing governance oversight on system usage.
The Compliance Manager will support the Service Interconnection (sIX) solution deployed for file based content delivery, and rapidly expanding to support linear delivery services. The sIX (Interconnection) content delivery system provides content distribution to and from 100+ sites covering all 50 states and 4 US Territories.
The role of the Service Interconnection (sIX) Compliance Manager is to ensure all governance guidelines provided by the Interconnection Committee are implemented and followed. This work includes developing, managing and administering governance rules and practices.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• This includes but is not limited to – oversight, review and management of the content and metadata flowing thru the Interconnection System to ensure it is meeting Interconnection and PTV guidelines regarding non-commercial use and similar (non-technical) limitations/restrictions.
• When violations are found, ensure that Project Team is aware and applicable remediation actions are taken with users in violation.
• Track all violations and applicable remediation actions to ensure follow through and compliance by the users involved.
• Reviewing and managing Project Service and Resources to ensure the use is being prioritized correctly based upon the Interconnection Utilization plan.
• This includes but is not limited to – oversight, review and management of vendor services such as connectivity bandwidth, storage capacity, processing capacity, etc. that may cause limitations within the Interconnection System.
• When limitations are found, ensure that Project Team is aware and applicable actions are taken to prioritize usage correctly, until the resource limitation can be addressed.
• Track all limitations, and prioritization actions to ensure follow through and compliance.
• Communicate both proactively and reactively to Project Team, suggesting areas of potential limitation so they can be addressed when possible.
• Engage in regular communications with users, partners and Stakeholders to ensure System guidelines and limitations are well understood and followed.
Requirements for success:
• 5+ years of compliance analysis and validation.
• Bachelor's Degree in technology, statistics, or related work experience.
• Ability to collect, organize and analyze system data
• Experience in data mining and data auditing.
• Experience in basic statistical methods and analytical tools
• Experience in data visualization and presentation.
• Experience in managing metric reporting and report generation
• Ability to import/collect and analyze data for purpose of finding insights and making conclusions
• Experience defining dashboards to monitor key elements of system performance
• Keep track of tends, patterns and correlation in collected data
• Ability to work with stakeholders to assess system usage and governance challenges and needs
• Relevant experience in the television or content distribution industries
• Ability to successfully work and collaborate with all levels of management, staff and stakeholders
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills and ability to present findings and conclusions clearly and concisely
• Ability to exercise initiative, produce desired results, and achieve objectives
• Confident and highly organized self-starter with ability to lead, motivate, negotiate, and influence a diverse group of driven, seasoned professionals
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6z91j-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.
PBS and our member stations are America’s largest classroom, the nation’s largest stage for the arts and a trusted window to the world. In addition, PBS's educational media helps prepare children for success in school and opens up the world to them in an age-appropriate way.