Assistant Business Manager
Business Analyst (Digital Products)
Status: Full-Time/Exempt/Fixed-term (funded by a grant for 12 months)
PBS serves the American public with the highest-quality programming and services, using media to educate, inspire, entertain, and express diverse perspectives.
We're a small team responsible for big projects. We're seeking a Business Analyst who will help guide the implementation of a single sign-on solution across PBS web and mobile products and other public media properties. You will be part of a team that will enable PBS to serve the millions of viewers accessing public media digital content and services more effectively.
Perks include: amazing co-workers, a humane work-life balance, and meaningful work.
• You are a quick learner and can understand the current state of our CIAM, including people, processes, and technology, to provide direction for the migration and transition into the new CIAM platform.
• You are an effective communicator and are willing to present and defend your ideas across technical, non-technical, and senior leadership.
• You are comfortable serving as a product owner (PO) on the scrum team to maintain the product backlog and roadmap.
• You know when to rely on your near, virtual, and geographically dispersed engineering teammates to understand technical challenges, tradeoffs, and how to overcome them.
• You are passionate about understanding customer problems and building products and user experiences that customers love.
• You love figuring out ways to measure product performance and use data and analytics to inform your decisions and recommendations for the product.
• You can help devise test cases and conduct testing sessions with stakeholders and end-users.
• You can partner with different application teams to streamline the integration and adoption with CIAM.
• You are self-motivated, scrappy, resourceful, and willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to tackle any challenge.
Nice to Haves:
• Prior experience with identity management.
• Familiarity with data governance, accessibility, and privacy regulations (e.g., GDPR, CCPA).
• Comfortable with internal workings of services and APIs.
• Working knowledge of one or more of the following: OAuth, social login identity providers, SSO, multi-factor authentication, self-service interfaces (e.g., password registration, reset, change, and user profile).
• Experience with agile scrum development.
• Previous experience building technology in public media.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia
PBS and our member stations are America’s largest classroom, the nation’s largest stage for the arts and a trusted window to the world. In addition, PBS's educational media helps prepare children for success in school and opens up the world to them in an age-appropriate way.