We are seeking a multi-passionate and self-motivated Motion Designer to create animations, videos, and product designs that leverage emerging technologies.
We are looking for the person in this role to have skills designing for motion and animation, as well as to help out with creating videos for our product and technology initiatives. This role requires a combination of creative design skills, a passion for technology, and the ability to bring immersive experiences to life. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and develop innovative solutions that push the boundaries of user interaction and engagement. As an Associate Designer specializing in emerging technology projects, you will play a critical role in our Innovation team, assisting on cutting-edge projects in Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), Mixed Reality (XR), and Artificial Intelligence (AI) and everything in between.
For this role, ''design'' means you will:
• Develop meaningful and delightful animations while ensuring the brand direction and user's needs are always centered in the experience.
• Provide animation concepts and other design elements, ranging from prototypes and presentations to high-quality video assets for product demos, presentations, and promotions
• Collaborate across teams to conceptualize and execute motion UI design for various prototypes and products
• Serve as the team expert on latest animation design trends and technologies
• Create animations that transform static designs into moving pictures using 2d or 3d formats, sometimes with sound.
• Conceptualize interactions and digital user interfaces for products that incorporate a broad range of visual styles and cinematic narratives in apps, video, television, games, metaverse, and the web
• Use tools like After Effects, Principle and/or Framer, Axure, Adobe Creative Suite, Cinema4D
• Collaborate across teams to brainstorm and conceptualize ideas for interactive and immersive content
• Use industry-standard software and tools to create 2D and 3D assets, animations and interactive elements.
• Provide design solutions that reflect a basic understanding of user needs and enhance user experiences within emerging technology platforms
• Contribute to immersive experiences in AR, VR, XR and AI, ensuring they align with project goals and requirements.
Perks include amazing co-workers, a humane work-life balance, and meaningful work. If you're interested in delivering content meant to ''educate, inspire, entertain, and express the diversity of perspectives,'' please consider yourself a candidate.
What You Have:
• The ability and willingness to learn any new technologies and apply them at work to stay ahead of the curve.
• Visual and motion design experience working on user interface product design, preferably in a media or technology company.
• Solid understanding of user-centered design, UX principles, best practices and how motion design can improve the user experience.
• Experience in prototyping and translating UI animations & micro-interactions into specifications for product development.
• You ideally have experience working in agile teams, driving forward product goals and metrics, building engaging products or have worked on a project team that created interactive prototypes using research and design thinking methods.
It would be best if you enjoyed the responsibility and impact of seeing your work in the hands of users. We're looking for candidates who would describe themselves as:
• Enthusiastic: We work at a company that affects positive change. Let's act like it!
• Collaborative: You're smart and communicative enough to accept feedback from product leads, engineers and designers that have had different experiences than you.
• Humbly opinionated: You bring what you know to the table and are willing to learn more.
• Lifelong learner: An inquisitive nature drives you.
Come Work With Us:
This role sits on the product development design team and is also a part of the innovation team, which is grant-funded for a 3 year term. We collaborate closely with fellow members of the Product, Design, Engineering, Marketing, Fundraising, and Business Intelligence teams to conceptualize, design and develop groundbreaking interactive experiences across PBS core products, platforms and services for audiences and member stations. To us, ''Junior'' means that you've shepherded several professional or personal products. We would like you to:
• Share our focus on user centered design and a passion for learning and experimenting.
• Love problem solving, are confident to embrace the unknown, and can work well cross-functionally in distributed teams.
• Have a personality that enjoys collaborating with fun people.
If you want to work with a smart group and get things done, please apply. Please include a link to your portfolio or samples of your work in your application.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re3x80-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.