Sr. Director, Business Strategy and Initiatives
The Analyst is responsible for supporting the objectives of the Data Strategy & Operations team within Business Intelligence at PBS. The Data Strategy & Operations team exists to ensure that data about our programs and audiences are collected efficiently, reported accurately, are aligned to business needs and accessible to our stakeholders. Operational efficiency is the core value of our work.
This position can work closely with both the Business Intelligence team as well as internal and external stakeholders to ensure efficiency and accuracy in data collection. The role is expected to proactively take ownership over the data pipelines and data products they manage.
The Analyst is responsible for collecting performance data about PBS programs from across multiple systems and bringing it together in the most efficient manner for use by analysts and distribution to internal and external clients.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Manage and maintain the data pipeline that collects and merges program-performance data from across all of the platforms PBS content is viewed.
• Define, document and verify data collection follows common standards ensuring a high degree of trust in the data set.
• Manage access to the program and audience data and supported data products.
• Monitor the quality of the data and document and communicate any incidents that impact that quality.
• Work with teams in the PBS Business Intelligence group to develop data products that automate recurring reporting tasks.
• Collaborate with team members to identify, define and prioritize high-value improvements to the data-collection process that improve efficiency and performance.
• Proactively seek out new data sources and data structures that can be used to augment the program-performance data in ways valuable to the objectives of the organization.
• Assist with the definition and management of other new or existing data pipelines.
• Perform data validation on program orders to Nielsen and serve as a back-up for the submission process.
Requirements for success:
• Bachelor's degree in business intelligence or business information systems preferred. An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
• Technical training on at least one Business Intelligence tool; Domo preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience, or equivalent combination of education, internship, and work experience managing data pipelines and data governance. Experience in media industry preferred.
Skills and Abilities required:
• Ability to effectively prioritize work against high-level strategic objectives.
• Self-starter who excels at prototyping solutions with existing resources and iterating based on proven value.
• Ability to learn how to build data products with various Business Intelligence tools (Domo, Tableau, PowerBI).
• Very strong attention to detail.
• Strong ability to understand and document procedures and standards.
• Strong communications skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to explain with clarity.
• Brings a positive, professional and proactive attitude to all tasks.
• Punctual, prepared and engaged in meetings and discussions.
• Deep desire to learn how the role fits within the broader organization and use that information to propose possible efficiencies or new levels of service.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4pjpz-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.
PBS and our member stations are America’s largest classroom, the nation’s largest stage for the arts and a trusted window to the world. In addition, PBS's educational media helps prepare children for success in school and opens up the world to them in an age-appropriate way.