Accounts Payable Specialist
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day activities involved with the processing of accounts payable including review of invoices and related account coding.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Complete data entry of vendor invoices and check requests as assigned, with responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Review invoices and check requests for proper approval in accordance with PBS's Delegation of Authority.
• Ensure that 1099 reportable amounts are accurately reflected in the accounting system.
• Ensure that appropriate vendor receives payment (i.e., individual vs. company).
• Ensure that vendor invoice is complete and accurate (i.e., not a quote or statement).
• Ensure that contract payments are supported with a copy of the executed agreement, including payment schedule, and other supporting documentation as needed
• Ensure that payments and supporting documentation are properly filed.
• Reconcile vendor statements to AP records ensuring all items are properly accounted for
• Process purchase order (PO) invoices by performing assigned tasks, including but not limited to:
• Review completed purchase orders and ensure that supporting documentation is adequate and in compliance with PBS requirements
• Follow up with appropriate personnel for incomplete POs regarding receipt, documentation, sales tax, etc.
• Ensure that approvals are in compliance with Delegation of Authority.
• Ensure that payments accurately account for all considerations, such as sales tax and freight.
• Work with Administration department to resolve any issues surrounding receipt of goods/services for POs and/or processing of POs.
• Serve as the primary lead for entry of wire transfer payments; serve as backup for organization check/Paymode (ACH) payments when required.
• Serve as the primary lead for employee expense reimbursement requests including, but not limited to:
• Review expense reports for completeness including receipts and proper approval.
• Review expenses to ensure compliance with company's Travel & Expense policy; follow up with employees regarding any discrepancies.
• Respond to internal and external inquiries regarding status of invoices and employee expense reports in a timely and professional manner.
• Provide excellent customer service to internal PBS employees and external vendors
• Oversee AP email and respond courteously and expeditiously to external vendors and internal inquiries
• Provide training to ERP user community
Requirements for success:
• 3 years' work experience performing accounts payable processing, which includes performing responsibilities that involve processing of purchase orders, 1099s, and travel and expense reimbursements.
• Associate degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Demonstrated attention to detail in performance of tasks, with ability to identify errors or missing information prior to processing of invoice or expense report.
• Track record of handling multiple tasks and maintaining perspective and positive ''can-do'' attitude.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational and interpersonal skills are essential.
• Working knowledge of general accounting principles
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Microsoft AX experience a plus.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm1qy6-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.