VP, Global Live Entertainment Development coordinates the creative development and execution of Paramount Consumer Products and Experiences live show entertainment, entertainment programming and activations across tours, location-based experiences and franchise marketing activations.
This position has overall responsibility for creative work produced by staff and third-party show producers, designers, entertainment professionals and LBE partners and its integration into various venues worldwide. They will provide inspiration, leadership and creative visioning for translating Paramount Global brands and IP into successful and excellent live show content. This includes creatively guiding the strategic expansion of live shows and experiences across key markets globally, working in tandem with the VP of Experiences and Live Stage to analyze and inform opportunities, partnerships and their agreements.
They will optimize departmental budgets and goals, align development and execution of stage and event adaptations across CP & E as well as content. They will survey marketing submissions and sponsorship opportunities to assure they reflect the guest experience and align with the creative intent.
Additionally, this position will inform the design development for all walk-around characters and their guides. This person will review manufacturers and vendors for fabrication and services relating to programs requiring use of these characters.
Join our growing team!
• Develop story concepts needed to build important live show experiences applying Paramount Global's portfolio of IP and characters
• Lead, partner and handle a group of internal and external creative teams to meet expectance and project/partner goals. Achieve this by championing the creative vision, driving alignment across teams and balancing internal and partner priorities with regard to authentic representation of the IP, scope of project, regional adaptation and overall creative direction.
• Ensure partners and vendors deliver best-in-class work aligned with creative vision, project parameters, budget and schedule, site conditions and audience research.
• Articulate the creative concept, scale, design and key achievements of all projects to senior executives and relay any challenges or changes as they occur.
• Partner with CP&E Illustration Team for modeling and articulation of walk-around characters accordant with creator intent.
• Ensure brand and visual identity is always applied and maintained for the life of the experience
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with third-party partners, licensees, vendors and internal teams
• Stay informed on current and upcoming trends, techniques and storytelling for live shows to include theater components and systems, technology and design
• Identify a diverse population of resources with the skills and talent required to complete vision
• Follow project schedules, budgets and contracts
• Personify company core values
• Industry experience with versatility in working with high-visibility brands, IP and characters, storytelling and technology
• Comprehensive understanding of both the creative and business sides of theater
• Ability to formulate and facilitate the creative process and tone of a live stage show across artists, performers and production teams to ensure creative intent is reflected on stage and in the performance
• Experience developing positive relationships with invested collaborators – both internal and external
• Previous experience with licensing and franchise partnerships
• Strategic and creative thinking
• Strong negotiation and communication skills with confirmed ability to lead, motivate and encourage a diverse group of teams, both internal and external
• Tact and cross-functional collective skills
• Strong written, verbal, listening presentation skills
• Deep familiarity of brand properties is a plus!
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb8336-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.