Overview and Responsibilities
The Paramount Technology department supports our global content company through the delivery of a high-quality viewing experience, system infrastructure support, and creating innovative ways for our employees to collaborate. If you are interested in a strategy that has growth, transformation, and ongoing innovation where you can help ''reinvent the broadcasting wheel'' Paramount Tech has a role for you…
We are hiring a Support Technician to provide high level of support to our technology matters, primarily in our newsroom or production, as well as assisting with events as needed.
This position is responsible for serving as the first level of response to assigned clients, providing data maintenance, supporting virtualized Windows and Linux servers, and maintaining client services software for audio, editing, and post-production. The Technician also handles Office 365 set-ups.
- First line of support for Newsroom, Control Room and Editors
- Main point of contact for locations, corresponding services and processes. Provide recommendations based on requests and requirements from business and tech groups.
- Assists in handling weekly onboarding for New Hire employees and contractors working closely with HR department, contractor vendor and internal teams.
- Manage numerous applications relating to: news production, communication, storage, content editing, and financials within the Microsoft and Apple ecosystems.
- Maintain Active Directory, create and delete user accounts as needed.
- Physically carry and move equipment.
- Management of data on shared storage.
- Install and configure Windows servers and PCs with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems.
- Adobe Creative cloud enterprise setups
- Support ENPS production system, Sony ELC and Crispin.
- Supporting Broadcast IT functions workflows (Air Control, Transmission and Media Distribution operations)
- Implement and maintain media management and SAN systems.
- Support of Ethernet based shared storage devices
- Support and maintain Adobe Premiere Edit Systems
Office 365 setup and support including One Drive
- Basic A/V Support
- Host virtual support sessions for onboarding employees
- Must be willing to work evenings/weekends, early and late hours upon request
- BA in IT or Media related field, applicable industry certificates, or equivalent experience with 2+ years of IT broadcast related support
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft O365 support and maintenance
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to think quickly to get Broadcasts on air in a fast paced live 24x7 broadcast environment to effectively guide, support, and escalate anomalies for all end-users
- Experience working with and supporting clients and endpoints in a creative environment
- Availability to travel for emergencies with short notice
- Ability to lift 35 pounds of computer equipment, carry, and set-up is required
- Mostly indoors at Broadcast Center, some outdoor remote work may be necessary
- Very good written and verbal communication skills are required
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy468m-44-201-96-43-42 in your application.