- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionSoftware Engineer (Remote)
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Louisville, KY, US or Remote
The Audience Engagement Engineering team is a group of highly dedicated technical specialists that maintain, support, and build production quality web services. The core system the team is responsible for is the Universal Registration System (URS) used by Paramount brands including CBS News, Showtime, StarTrek, 247Sports and others for their online web properties and streaming services. URS is a critical central system that manages identities for millions of unique customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
In this role as a Software Engineer you will help grow our central Registration System. This is a great opportunity to work with a dedicated team in a multifaceted environment on the cloud-based platforms that deliver web services to high-traffic Paramount sites and services. We are looking for a self-starter who is passionate about technology who wants to take ownership in making our registration platform work seamlessly with our Paramount brands. This position will be responsible for designing, coding, and implementing secure, production-grade deployments along with provisioning infrastructure components using public cloud APIs.
• You will be given the opportunity to design, develop, test, debug and maintain components of a feature-rich user identity management system
• Learn infrastructure details of public clouds and distributed database clusters
• Use DevOps best practices to implement infrastructure provisioning of the registration platform
• Manage project priorities and deadlines while communicating with internal customers and other development teams, as needed
• Participate in on call rotation to provide support for the production system
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• Proven experience in work related to API services or multi-threaded transactional processing applications.
• Demonstrated knowledge of distributed databases with understanding of NoSQL
• Experience in cloud infrastructure systems engineering
• Exemplary debugging skills - can resolve vague problems using debuggers, performance monitors, and other tools.
• Strong desire to contribute - willingness to be a frequent contributor and reviewer for common knowledge base and documentation and have the ability to recommend and evaluate product approaches to help move projects forward.
• Familiarity with Git, UI/UX, Jenkins, web services.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• 2+ years of software engineering experience.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
You might also have -
• Experience with Cassandra database.
• Experience with HTTP servers of NGinx or servlet containers of Tomcat.
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes container management.
• Familiarity with deployment automation & orchestration (Terraform, Spinnaker, Packer).
• Experience with cloud specific APIs for GCP and/or AWS
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6x8m8-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
ViacomCBS delivers premium content to audiences across traditional and emerging platforms worldwide. Through television, streaming and digital content, studio production, publishing, live events, merchandise and more, we connect with billions of people.