Overview and Responsibilities
Paramount is looking for a Senior Manager for Production Finance! The Senior Manager for the Paramount Media Networks' MTV Entertainment Group is a position that assists in financial oversight and management of the budgeting, reporting, forecasting, and performance tracking activities for Paramount Media Networks' portfolio of Development and Series Productions. That includes unscripted, animation, scripted and/or topical. Responsibilities include partnering with Programming Finance, Production Management, and various internal departments across PMN with regards to finance policies and accounting overview for all production and network analysis.
• Responsible for being the main point of contact for all union signatories & non-union accounting payroll process. This position is responsible for assisting Production groups with any and all issues that would include, but not limited to: process, paperwork, errors, etc.
• Oversee management of freelance invoices and pertinent union/non-union timecard packages from productions and transmit to Payroll Company.
• Oversight of weekly payroll edit review based on data received by Payroll Company, correspond with Payroll paymaster on pending issues, and timely approval of edits for payment to employees.
• Preparation and submission of all union payroll & overall deals related to Executive Producers & Talent, ensuring internal contractual obligations are tracked and paid.
• Work with internal PBEs to set up their payroll and sign off on weekly timesheets. Ensure coding is accurate and forecasted.
• Manage process and workflow when using union signatories that are funded and managed by Paramount.
• Day to day management of finances and relationships for bicoastal development & series and supporting Internal and 3rd Party productions across Paramount Media Networks.
• Lead production accounting and analysis of scripted/unscripted development and productions. Partner with Production in the creation/review of production budgets, conduct ongoing meetings with Production to analyze the current status of the budget to identify areas of potential opportunities and risks.
• Responsible for Cost Report and Trial Balance reporting reviews with Production Executives, Production Accounting teams and 3rd Party Production companies; communicate findings to key partners.
• Accurately forecast Production Cash Flow with inputs from show and network level production team. Identify and analyze the cause of change between monthly forecasts.
• Coordinate with Programming Finance to reflect timely EFC updates and long-range plan information.
• Contract review and analysis in conjunction with Production Execs and Legal Affairs.
• Touchpoint for 3rd party production finance counterparts regarding budget, residuals, license fees, agency/package fees, and all production finance materials.
• Recommend to series line producers and production management on performance measures, strategic planning around production schedules, and financial control procedures.
• Partner with Paramount Tax Dept, Controllers Group, PMN Production Management to ensure production tax credits are accurately calculated, recognized and completed. This includes prepping, submitting and tracking of tax docs and financial backup and recoupment.
• Analyze and track actuals vs. budgets and forecasts; identifying risks and opportunities, ensuring that all data is properly loaded and reported through various financial systems. Partner with senior teams on findings and manage information to client groups.
• Handle ad hoc requests regarding development and series production matters, internal/external audit requests, payment details as necessary.
• Bachelor's degree required
• Minimum 8+ years in financial analysis, production accounting and/or previous experience in corporate accounting/finance
• Working knowledge/experience with production accounting software (PSL, Global Vista, Smart Accounting)
• Knowledge of the entertainment production and industry unions and guilds
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing industry and organizational landscape
• Self-starter with proactive approach to role
• Appreciates detail but has the ability to see the bigger picture
• Adhere to confidential nature of highly sensitive material
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills are critical
• Helps create an inclusive environment that welcomes diverse views and can challenge the status quo
• Contribute to a culture of people development and learning
• Highly proficient in Excel and Powerpoint
• Forge partnerships with producers, production accountants and studio executives
• Inquisitive, organized and can prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Works well under pressure and completes deliverables on a timely basis
• Experience with SAP and Longview Solutions a plus!
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxvjnq-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.