Overview and Responsibilties
Paramount is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst in IT Finance! The Tech Finance organization partners tightly with the business to optimize a spend base of over $1B. The group oversees both internally facing enterprise applications as well as externally facing customer platforms to deliver elite service at a global scale.
The Technology Senior Finance Analyst will partner tightly with Financial and Business colleagues and assist in financial planning as well as promoting financial discipline for technology organizations. Key components of the role include helping to build the budget and forecasts, providing decision support to optimize opex and capex spend, ensuring the accuracy of reported actual costs, and reporting on variance analysis to both Business and Financial leaders.
- Assist in preparation, review, and consolidation of the annual operating and capital budgets as well as Long Range Planning (long range plan, annual budget, and monthly forecasts)
- Partner with business partners to help ''move the needle''
- Assist with monthly capital/expense tracking, forecasting and, variance analysis
- Prepare monthly reporting, variance analysis, and communicates monthly results to department heads and project owners
- Prepare the monthly accounting close including accruals and journal entries
- Review Capital Expenditure Requests (CER) including NPV modeling
- Communicate and partner with the Tech Finance Leads to manage operational budgets, model business scenarios, and build positive relationships that drive transparency and accuracy
- Analyze and monitor financial and operational trends, integrating data from several sources, to develop a well-rounded view of performance
- Manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment with a high level of accuracy
- Ad hoc analysis as needed, including corporate finance team requests, and supporting the greater Tech organization
- 3+ years of experience in Finance or related field
- Knowledge of accounting (GAAP) and finance principles
- Experience in Media/Entertainment or a technology facing role/industry a plus
- Highly analytical, able to synthesize data and provide concise and practical narratives
- Proactive self-starter and phenomenal teammate, ability to learn quickly, be flexible and adapt to changing industry and organizational landscape
- Enjoys digging into financial analysis, operational improvement, and owning end to end processes
- Has a strong sense of urgency and understands that ''speed'' matters, manage multiple responsibilities, and work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Detail oriented
- Continuous improvement mind-set – ability to seek out and implement internal or external standard processes
- Highly proficient in Microsoft suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint; experience with SAP, Apptio, TM1 Longview, and PowerPoint are a plus
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0zz8j-35-168-110-128-42 in your application.