Overview & Responsibilities:
Paramount is seeking a dynamic and driven Senior Corporate Communications Director with excellent communications skills to play an integral role in driving press efforts for the Paramount brand and business, with a primary focus on the Paramount Advertising division. This position is responsible for developing media strategies and communications plans to amplify Paramount's advertising, marketing, and streaming initiatives, generating positive visibility and favorably positioning the company and its leading portfolio of popular entertainment brands and streaming services among clients, trade, and business audiences. The candidate should be passionate about PR, advertising, and the evolving media landscape. This role is perfect for a creative, strategic problem solver with business savvy, an exceptional work ethic, and an optimistic attitude that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Devise and complete essential communications plans, press strategies, and materials to secure impactful coverage in trade and business media outlets surrounding advertising, marketing, and streaming initiatives, including brand campaigns, partnerships, product solutions, and tentpole events
• Shape narratives and pitch story ideas that align with the company's business priorities and goals
• Secure and manage notable award submissions and speaking opportunities at industry conferences and events to drive executive visibility, company recognition, and thought leadership
• Develop proactive and reactive key messaging and talking points to be used for media interviews and speaking engagements
• Build and maintain strong media relationships with top-tier press across multiple fields including advertising, entertainment, television, technology, and business
• Serve as an advisor and writer for senior management, providing critical communications mentorship
• Lead PR planning and programming around the industry's biggest moments, including but not limited to Upfronts, Cannes, Advertising Week, and more
• Coordinate with internal and external collaborators to align launches, initiatives, and corporate achievements with PR opportunities
• Stay informed on industry news and flag issues and trends for senior leaders in a timely manner
• Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, or a related field is required
• 10+ years in public relations, in-house experience preferred: Television, streaming, media, and advertising experience a plus
• Strong communications experience, including a shown ability to develop PR strategies, press releases, and messaging with successfully placed stories and speaking engagements across business and trade outlets
• Competence to articulate complex content and concepts in a clear, concise, and compelling manner
• Confidence working with senior leadership
• Established B2B media relationships with advertising, television, entertainment, digital media, and business reporters
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Motivated and confident self-starter who can take both guidance and initiative with minimal oversight
• Hard-working and passionate great teammate with the ability to work independently
• Great at organizational navigation and cross-functional collaboration at all levels
• Emotional intelligence and professional maturity
• Adept at managing multiple demanding projects and tasks to completion
• Thrives in a fast-paced, hybrid environment while remaining diligent and committed to deadlines
• Creative and strategic problem solver that exercises good judgment
• Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to develop effective partnerships and relationships internally and externally
• Demonstrable understanding of the TV, media, advertising, digital, and streaming landscape
• TV background with trade communications expertise a plus, including experience with Upfronts, Cannes, and Advertising Week
• Possesses a ''roll-up your sleeves,'' get-it-done attitude
• Embodies Paramount's values of optimism and determination, inclusivity and collaboration, agility and adaptability
• Willing to travel
Join the team!
Hiring Salary Range: $139,200.00 - 174,000.00. The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqz6y6-3-239-119-61-42 in your application.