The MTV Entertainment Group is seeking a Senior Director, Brand and Creative Strategy to lead all aspects of the development of brand, audience, creative and marketing strategy for brands, shows, events and other priorities that exist within the MTV Entertainment portfolio (along with IP for P+). You are able to navigate an exciting, dynamic and fast-paced environment with creativity, strategic know-how, enthusiasm and efficiency. We're looking for a motivated, pop culture obsessed person who is curious about content culture, brand relevancy, franchise-building and viewing audiences and is interested in translating audience intel and cultural insights into useful and inspiring critical thinking.
The MTV Entertainment Group includes the following brands: MTV, Comedy Central, VH1, Paramount TV, CMT, TVLand, Smithsonian, POP TV, Logo.
• Develop brand positioning/strategy that will guide the continuing evolution of the brands within the MTV Entertainment Group portfolio
• Generate show, franchise, social impact and event strategy that will excite the creative team and inform the organization
• Partner with creative teams (internal and external agencies) to cultivate and build out creative concepts, ideas and campaigns that place our brands in the cultural conversation
• Use internal research, cultural trends and competitive analysis to help identify the strategic direction for campaigns
• Lead all aspects of development of strategic positioning, creative briefs, graphics briefs, RFPs, etc.
• Work with Audience Research groups to strengthen strategic briefs: help determine target audience insights, and develop stimuli for testing purposes
• Initiate research, analyze findings, translate insights to useful strategy
• Work closely with internal and external partners, including show development, social/digital, research, Consumer Marketing/Media, On-Air Design, Brand Creative, operations, project management and P+ brand partners
• Minimum 7 years in a Marketing/Advertising/Consumer Research/Social Media/Brand Creative position
• Client or Creative Agency experience (youth-centric brands, and streaming/TV/content clients a plus)
• Champion of diversity and experience with a myriad of diverse communities (including AA, Latinx and LGBTQIA communities)
• Strong strategic and analytical skills
• An understanding and passion for content/TV/streaming/social & deep curiosity about pop culture
• Shown ability to collaborate with creative partners, and translate data into useful plans
• Strong written and oral presentation abilities, as well as an ability to craft creative presentation documents
• Previous experience building presentation narratives and decks (presentation tools: Google Slides, Keynote, PowerPoint)
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1b45e-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.