Overview and Summary
The Sr. Business Analyst role will be a central liaison between Paramount Tech teams (Development, Quality Assurance, Information Security, DBAs), 3rd party vendors, and business partners operating within the portfolio. The Sr. Business Analyst will conduct analysis and other activities to ensure that the solutions provided align with, and fully support, the goals of the Paramount Ad Sales business!
This position requires an acute level of analysis, relationship management, independence, and multi-tasking ability. Additionally, this role will support a variety of applications, custom and packaged, and will be able to handle the requirements process for each type of application!
The ideal candidate should be proficient in development methodologies, familiar with Waterfall and Agile, with Agile being the most frequently used approach.
The ideal candidate will also have good emotional intelligence and will progress at all levels of Paramount Tech and business organizations in the execution of their duties.
• Analyze demands and issues, staying ahead of business initiatives and addressing potential impacts to systems/operations
• Handle and resolve problems for production support and projects by coordinating issue resolution progress and tracking project achievements. Works to resolve issues and call outs when required to management so that decisions can be made promptly.
• Lead rollout activities that are analytic for support and making projects successful – UAT (User Acceptance Testing), business user training, documentation, user hand holding/hypercare, ongoing support, etc.
• Lead requirements assembling sessions to understand and detail complex business needs, often eliciting hidden requirements and/or clarifying vague or unclear requirements. Ensures accurate documentation, including use cases, and works with the development leads on their functional specifications ensuring customers / collaborators approve the documentation.
• Direct project-based resources to collect requirements and build the appropriate documentation in Paramount's preferred formats
• Build workflow diagrams to document current and future business environments.
• Review test cases, plan testing cycles, and coordinate all testing activities for all project sizes with the QA (Quality Assurance) Manager and guide testing approach based on the business usage of applications.
• Develop and maintain project plans and handle risk and create change processes, providing timely status on all activities for team, leading scope of work.
• Communicate in written, oral and presentation formats to best represent and express user and interpersonal requirements to audiences up to senior management of Tech and the business unit.
• Document for project steering committees, short- and long-range planning and overall application activity tracking support updates to business teams.
• Participate in budget planning and may run purchase orders and project budgets as allocated by the management team
• Collaborate with senior level users to devise or modify business processes to address complex problems or improve existing processes
• Handle conflicting needs and can influence / negotiate across the organization and different partners to drive consensus, including commitments to work
• Ideally clarify, set, and lead projections including delivering tough messages. Deliver balanced and constructive feedback to client and peers throughout the duration of the project including accurately resolving conflict.
• Build productive networks within Paramount Tech, internal customers, and the vendor community.
• Handle vendor work product including tracking outputs and negotiating scope to achieve Paramount business conjectures.
• Identify and resolve obstacles and risks encountered during projects and develop mitigation strategies to address them.
• Provide ongoing support to the business by responding to inquiries and system issues, ensuring prompt resolution with minimal impact on business operations. The support requires a full analysis of the issues and an understanding of the business requirements and process
• Minimum 5-7 years of experience as a Business Analyst with at least 2 years of experience leading all phases of a software development project
• Identifying business needs through analytical and communication (both verbal and written) skills, with experience in SDLC methodology and process
• Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. An understanding of the Television Ad Sales business effective
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb5kok-44-192-114-32-42 in your application.