OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Business Analyst (Content & Programming) will contribute immediately towards optimizing content performance by improving our partnerships with providers and our programming capabilities.
This role is part of the Financial Planning & Analysis team and reports to the FP&A Manager, Business Analytics (Content & Programming).
Our team aims to drive strategic business decisions through accurate and timely data & insights. This position will focus primarily on conducting a wide range of quantitative and qualitative analysis to support the operational goals of cross-functional teams (including Content Partnerships and Programming) and executives. The ideal candidate will be an effective communicator, have an extensive analytical background, and thrive in collaborative settings.
As part of your role, you will be focused on:
- Financial Analysis: Developing business models and recommendations based on findings.
- Providing monthly and quarterly financial overviews to executives. Supporting FP&A reporting cycles, including annual budgets and long-range plans. Delivering and communicating results to internal and external stakeholders.
- Content Performance: Creating frameworks and metrics to understand performance of titles across a variety of genres. Supporting content acquisition and programming decision-making by deriving data-driven insights.
- Revenue Forecasts: Working with content partner account leads to handle priority accounts and to run revenue forecast models against existing business. Developing forecasts to inform deal analysis for prospective content partners based on internal metrics.
- Reporting and Dashboards: Collaborating with the Business Intelligence and FP&A teams to handle dashboards, monitor business performance, and provide substantial insights. Driving improvements to existing processes to ensure accurate and timely deliverables.
- Business Planning: Generating recurring financial and key performance indicator (KPI) forecasts for each partner based on context, analyzing progress toward targets, and making recommendations to leadership based on meeting or exceeding targets based on the Operating Plan.
- Ad Hoc Analysis: Sourcing, consolidating, and organizing content usage and financial data to create clear and concrete analysis for internal review and rapid decision making
- Bachelor's degree required; Advanced degree or MBA preferred
- 5+ years of work experience in a finance, accounting, or similar quantitative role; media, entertainment, and/or technology experience a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Office and/or Google Workspace suite skills, particularly Excel/Sheets and Powerpoint/Slides
- Exceptional financial modeling, forecasting, and analytical abilities
- A willingness and quick ability to learn new software
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - be able to handle and synthesize large datasets to deliver critical insights in the easy-to-digest format for management and external partners
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Prior experience with Alteryx
- Basic SQL proficiency
Hiring Salary Range: $72,900.00 - 105,000.00. The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy90j3-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.