The Research Analyst is responsible for the accurate and timely production and distribution of research reports for the MTV Entertainment Group (MTV/Comedy Central/Paramount Network/VH1), as well as the competitive landscape. This Analyst will work with the team to extract and interpret Nielsen data from numerous sources to provide actionable insights to various departments. The ideal candidate will show analytical abilities, be detail oriented, have an inquisitive nature and love of television.
• Collect, organize, and analyze Nielsen data for recurring reports and ad-hoc requests for MTV Entertainment Group and its competitors
• Maintain and update programming schedules in Nielsen systems
• Produce and distribute daily ratings overnights reports
• Assist with the creation of daily and weekly competitive tracking reports
• Help to provide actionable insights to key stakeholders which include Programming/Scheduling, Press, Business Development and Senior Leadership Team
• Work with other team members to identify trends in viewing behavior/content consumption and present those findings in team meetings
• Collaborate on special projects and presentations such as show greenlights, tentpoles, highlights
• Help to integrate cross-platform reporting into research deliverables
• Create data visualizations that are informative and tell an insightful story
• Bachelor's degree
• 1-year related work experience (can include internships) in television/media, data analysis
• Comfortable working with numbers and large data sets (manipulating data); exhibits an understanding of analytics
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail, with ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and exhibits professional demeanor
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
• Knowledge of research tools a plus (StarTrak, Nielsen software: MyEvnts/NCL and Npower)
• Passion for pop culture and content across multiple platforms
• Knowledge of Tableau or Python a plus
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjwnbb-35-168-110-128-42 in your application.