Is this the role for you?
Are you passionate about reality docusoaps, true crime and non-fiction? Are you a non-scripted senior production manager or production executive seeking a new challenge? Are you a dynamic negotiator with the ability to balance multiple productions?
Working as part of the Paramount Production Management team, the Production Executive (Non-Scripted) is responsible for the commercial negotiation and management of all original UK commissioned non-scripted content across UK Paramount+ and Channel5. In this role you will lead all aspects of the entire production cycle of commissioned content from initial negotiation with external producing partners, programme commission approval commissioning process, and the delivery of masters and paperwork to the assessment of final costs reports, payments, and production close down.
What will you be doing?
• Working within the Commissioning and Programming division, review and negotiate production budgets and schedules with producers and suppliers, ensuring value for money. Working strategically to negotiate all commercial terms for each commission across all platforms.
• Lead the end-to-end production process from intention to commission, through to delivery and final costs.
• Handle the smooth running of payments for suppliers, approving invoices and budget sign off. Running a slate of multiple productions at various stages of the production cycle and ensuring that all system data is up to date to reflect this.
• Manage day to day communication that arises from producers and suppliers, ensuring producers have access to the relevant contacts, information and advice required to enable the Producer to deliver on time and in line with channel rights, technical and delivery requirements.
• Liaise with internal departments including Legal, Finance, Scheduling, Compliance, Press & Publicity, Broadcast Operations to ensure excellent communication and efficiencies are maintained.
• Liaise with Commissioning Editors and Producers to ensure all productions will be delivered successfully within our 'No Diversity, No Commission' framework.
• Liaise with Legal Compliance and Risk Management departments to ensure all compliance, welfare, and risks are appropriately identified and managed across our slate of productions.
• Liaise with the Business and Legal Affairs department so that contract terms are correct and PPA's are issued and signed in a timely manner.
• Work with the VP Production on company/departmental systems and workflow, inputting into the change management of systems from creation through to implementation & identify new ways of working and contribute to effective implementation.
• Lead business projects as required and provide reporting if necessary.
What are we looking for?
• Relevant experience in a similar role at a senior level.
• Experienced knowledge of production content making, and the programme production cycle is critical.
• Extensive experience in budgeting, cash flow, cost analysis and rights negotiations. Must demonstrate ability in numeracy.
• Experience and practical knowledge of local and international tax credits and production incentives
• Knowledge of industry regulations i.e., Ofcom, PACT, WGGB etc.
• Knowledge of production obligations i.e., Production Insurance, Health & Safety, COVID/risk management production requirements, Duty of Care.
• Excellent strategic communication and negotiation skills. Must be confident working with other departments at all levels.
• Strong IT Skills including Excel, Power Point, Movie Magic, Outlook and the ability to quickly pick up new systems & stringent attention to detail.
• Ability to take initiative, think differently and with excellent problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
• Ambitious and engaged, with positive energy and a passion for production management and driven to succeed.
• Role model, great teamwork and collaboration.
• Diplomacy, sensitivity & integrity.
• At least ten years' experience in a non-scripted TV Production environment
• Great with PowerPoint and presenting
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
If you have any difficulties in applying or require access needs arising from a mobility or any other impairment please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0207 555 1234. We can then ensure your experience and visit is as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm8ynv-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.