Full Time Job
Vice President / Senior Vice President Business Affairs
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Overview and Responsibilities
Paramount Studios is seeking it's next VP/SVP (depending on experience), Business Affairs! The Business Affairs Executive will lead all business affairs efforts for Paramount's Television division (''Jack Ryan,'' ''Defending Jacob,'' ''The Haunting,'' as well as upcoming series like ''The Offer'' about the making of ''The Godfather.'') This will include negotiating, structuring and drafting various types of deals and agreements typical in the television industry.
• Negotiate and draft (or review drafting by legal affairs executives) a variety of above-the-line agreements for the television business, including agreements for option/purchase of underlying rights or scripts, writers, actors, producers, directors, production services companies, and consultants
• Work on license and/or co-production agreement term sheets with all types of networks/platforms and partner studios, including for streaming, premium cable, basic cable, and broadcast platforms.
• Handle guild-related matters.
• Draft and distribute memos summarizing talent approvals, consultations and rights for television productions
• Advise and collaborate with production, accounting, finance, labor and employment, marketing, promotions, consumer products, insurance, tax, distribution, trademark, and clearance teams on television related matters.
• Supervise credits process for television projects to ensure compliance with studio precedent, contract and guild requirements.
• Review scripts and programming for clearances and potential legal risks
• Give advice and prepare documentation with respect to related trademark, copyright, corporate, antitrust, tax and labor matters in coordination with other Paramount departments and legal counsel
• Provide counsel to senior executives regarding issues relating to the international television projects.
• Maintain awareness and understanding of the latest development in the law and technology as they relate to the development, production and distribution content
• Member in good standing of California Bar and JD from accredited law school
• 6+ years of experience in a television, motion picture studio, production company, network or entertainment law firm. 3+ years of television industry experience .
• Drafting, negotiation, communication and organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple priorities and work under deadline.
• Transactional experience. Experience drafting and negotiating animation, live action, television, and/or other entertainment contracts a plus.
• Ability to build interdepartmental relationships at all levels.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yjoz-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.
About The Brand
Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The iconic Paramount logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as Sunset Boulevard, The Godfather, Forrest Gump and Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, and Mission Impossible. Recent innovative break-out films such as Interstellar, Arrival and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount's film legacy. Paramount Pictures Television's 13 Reasons Why, The Alienist and Jack Reacher have also been thrilling audiences. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount's passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, which reaches 700 million global subscribers through MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and other media networks.