Los Angeles, CA
Overview and Responsibilities
Are you passionate about entertainment and adept at legal film financing? If so, we might have the perfect opportunity for you! We are seeking a hardworking Attorney to come in and work on a variety of transactions, primarily focusing on film co-financings and acquisitions, new media opportunities, strategic transactions and corporate matters. The ideal candidate will have experience with the business, legal and financial aspects of film financing and acquisitions of films from third parties, as well as a broad-based corporate background, and will have a mix of law firm and in-house entertainment experience.
Responsibilities to include:
• Draft and negotiate film co-financing, acquisition and/or distribution agreements and related documentation with other studios, financiers, streamers and business partners. Advise on existing business relationships, rights issues and other questions of contract interpretation.
• Get involved in M&A, strategic transactions and other commercial deals, including drafting and reviewing agreements, NDAs and related documentation, and coordinating with internal and external partners.
• Work closely with senior management, strategic planning/business development, business affairs, motion picture legal, finance and other teams on a wide range of projects and deals.
• Minimum of 7 years, preferably at both a major law firm and in the entertainment industry
• Admitted to the California Bar or able to qualify as Registered In-House Counsel
• Film experience is a must
• Film co-financing and film acquistion experience strongly preferred
• Self-starter who can manage and successfully complete deals, in some cases with minimal supervision
• Must be able to craft innovative, business-oriented solutions and assist in executing them
• Willingness to tackle matters of first impression and outside of areas of expertise
• Ability to work collaboratively, think practically, and use good judgment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
• Familiarity with financial statements and film accounting
• Experience working on international transactions and new media deals (e.g., podcasts, AR/VR/MR)