The Director Television Business Affairs is responsible for structuring, drafting, negotiating and advising on complex development, production, distribution, rights and other agreements for Paramount content across television and digital platforms.
• Responsible for business affairs functions involving long form content, short form content, including all phases of negotiations from term sheet to definitive agreement.
• Negotiates and drafts actor test/options, script agreements, pilot/series development and production agreements, term deals, rights agreements co-productions and network licenses.
• Collaborates with, provides advice to and synthesizes feedback from senior business, finance and marketing executives.
• Handles business affairs relating to the production of pilots and series and other general business affairs projects, as assigned.
• Maintains awareness and understanding of the latest developments in the law and technology as they relate to the distribution of content across all digital platforms.
• Must have a JD Degree and outstanding academic credentials
• Must be a member in good standing of California Bar
• At least 4 years at major entertainment law firm, and/or in scripted television studio business affairs and/or legal affairs department.
• Strong negotiation and writing skills mandatory.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment; demonstrate ability to work in partnership with the company's business areas, including creative, production, legal, sales and marketing.
• Must be highly detail oriented.
• Must be able to work under tight timelines and meet deadlines.
• Superior organization and project management skills are necessary.
• Ability to move multiple projects forward simultaneously, and have the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98eom-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.