Development Manager, Design and Construction
Los Angeles, CA
This position is responsible for Paramount Pictures Studios' 104 year old Campus, which encompasses designing, programming, implementing and maintaining the automation of the facilities' electrical and mechanical machinery that support the infrastructure for the 65 acres campus, which includes support services and production needs.
Our studio lot has grown considerably over the years, expanding from 26 acres and four stages to 65 acres and thirty stages. We have also constructed other stellar sites like the massive BlueSky Tank and our one-of-a-kind New York Street backlot, which features ten distinct city neighborhood backdrops. When you visit our lot, not only will you see where some of the most celebrated movies and television series were made, but also see how we continue to produce iconic motion pictures for the next century. At Paramount, you will get to wander through the past and see the future at the same time.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
• Integral member of the team that conducts energy savings capital improvement projects and continuous process improvements activities;
• Ensure Paramount Automation Standards are adhered to by internal and external (IA) automation resources, as well as updated on an annual basis;
• Direct and lead IA process controls vendors to ensure contractual work are received and verified alignment to Paramount Pictures automation standards;
• Ensure 99.9% uptime for automation controllers and Studio Services hardware interfaces;
• Ensure that the utilities and infrastructure continue to perform as design through continuous process improvement energy audits and monthly reporting of energy usage;
• Ensure all Planning and Development design documents conform to standards, reflect the intent of electrical design schematic and then use it to build a control panel and solve machine power distribution and are accurate as-builts;
• Develops, plans and implements goals and objectives for the Engineering Department energy initiates, electrical infrastructure and maintenance including reduction of operational costs
• Provides guidance and input into the conceptual design of energy engineering projects by investigating and resolving problems within scope of work or cost issues of major facility infrastructure upgrades and replacement projects;
• Detailed understanding of current, accepted methods and solutions, continuously remaining current on new technologies, etc. to deliver the most cost-effective solutions;
• Ensure that all process controls implemented are compliant per Federal, State and Local codes, including Title 24 etc.;
• Key driver for process controls Sequence of Operations (SOO) development and maintaining up to date operation documentation;
• Develop point-to-point asset management system utilizing Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS), Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) with current standards, (e.g. Instrument Society of America (ISA) S95 standards);
• Project leadership and management responsibilities leading project budget on a highly technical and complex projects;
• Provide technical support as needed for design, evaluation, equipment selection and installation to support Key Capital projects and existing control systems;
• Composes project scope and OPR (Owners Performance Requirements) which meet Paramount business objectives;
• Supports maintenance improvement efforts and standard methodologies to improve maintenance efficiencies;
• Implements process controls and equipment standards, as well as various methodologies best practices!
• Implements strategies for utility and energy reduction which will reduce costs and receive rebate and incentives!
• Implement a process control instrumentation calibration program;
• Support Studio Services employees in area of expertise.
Basic Qualifications skills:
• B.S. in a technology or science area of study;
• Working knowledge and experience with Rockwell Automation products, including Contrologix 5000, GE Proficy products (e.g. iFix, iHistorian and WebServer );
• Minimum 10 years' experience with Building Automation System, HVAC and Industrial Applications;
• Proficient with implementation, operation and maintenance of field sensors, such as transmitters, variable speed drives (VFD), motor control centers, electric meters and control valves;
Proficient with Microsoft (MS) Office 365 and other apps (e.g. Excel, Access, Word, Internet Explorer, Outlook, SharePoint, Autodesk AutoCad etc.);
• Minimum of 10 years' in the commissioning of automation systems associated with buildings, Campus infrastructure and centralized utility plants;
• 5 years of practical experience in leading a Campus environment energy systems;
• 10 years' Human Machine Interfaces (HMI);
• 10 years' block programming language, ladder logic, sequential function chart and text;
• Strong communication skills;
• Ability to solve systems in a fast track environment;
• 5 years' in process controls network protocols;
• Experience with electrical generation facilities and medium voltage systems;
• Possess an understanding of Six Sigma methodologies.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
REMARKS: Paramount and its subsidiaries reserves the right modify the job responsibilities. All candidates must meet the minimum qualifications.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5z28z-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.