Senior Manager, Branded Entertainment
Performance Marketing Specialist (Burbank, CA)
Are you looking to apply your marketing skills to help drive subscriber acquisitions? If so, we are looking for a Search Marketing Specialist to join our Audience Acquisition team, part of the Paramount Digital Marketing Advertising and Operations Services (MACS) department.
This team serves as an internal data-driven media planning, activation, and strategy team available to all groups within the company. In this role, you will work closely with the teams at Paramount Digital, providing strategy and support for initiatives across the company portfolio, including but not limited to Paramount Streaming Services (CBS All Access / Paramount+, Showtime, BET+, Noggin), Brand Tune In Initiatives, Marketing Strategy & Corporate Communications, and Distribution & Business Development. MACS also acts as a centralized hub for all matters relating to data and technology within the digital media ecosystem.
As a Search Marketing Specialist, you will help drive growth and acquisition search campaigns that focus on metrics such as: conversion rates, cost per acquisition (CPA) and return on ad spend (ROAS). In addition, you will develop branding, awareness and engagement campaigns to drive content sampling, video views, viewership and other awareness, consideration, and action metrics. You will also partner closely with the Audience Acquisition team and internal Marketing team to build Paid Search campaigns on Google Ads (Search, UAC, Discovery, and YouTube), Microsoft Ads and Apple Search Ads.
The ideal candidate has some experience running paid advertising campaigns with search marketing, display or video and is looking to further their experience and expertise in these channels.
• Manage and optimize large-scale paid search campaigns in Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, and Apple Search across a diverse range of initiatives so that they meet the target KPIs.
• Generate keyword lists, ad copy, ad extensions and any other campaign assets.
• Research keywords for inclusion and exclusion and monitor performance.
• Adjust and update ad assets, including text ads, video ads, display ads or banner ads.
• Adjust and optimize marketing campaigns/keywords and plans to hit CPA targets as directed, using feedback & input from Senior leadership.
• Measure and quantify the impact other distributor and competitor campaigns have on our core campaigns.
• Plan, optimize, and analyze YouTube brand campaigns to connect the dots across the full Google suite of tools.
• Pull platform reporting to monitor campaign pacing and help keep campaign reports up to date.
• QA campaign launches and ensure data is being properly fed into reporting tools.
• Stay on top of new platform updates and features.
• Demonstrate interest in developing stronger analytical skills to measure and report on marketing programs and metrics.
• Manage monthly billing/invoicing process.
• Contribute ideas and solutions to meet business objectives.
• Monitor activities of competitors and provide industry trends and findings.
• Complete special projects as needed.
• At least 1-2+ years of hands-on Search Engine Marketing (SEM) experience in an agency, startup, or client-side environment.
• Experience in running paid acquisition campaigns across Google Ads and Microsoft Ads (Bing).
• Experience running YouTube TrueView.
• Understanding of common marketing key performance indicator metrics, their calculation and how the metrics pertain to the success of marketing activities.
• Excels in a dynamic, data-driven, metrics-oriented environment.
• Self-motivated and able to work with regular check-ins and supervision from department leaders or teammates to communicate back progress and updates.
• High degree of proficiency with Excel & PowerPoint, Google drive, Google documents.
• Bachelor's degree preferred. Ideally in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, or a quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, statistics, computer science, etc.).
• Experience running UAC and/or Apple Search ads to drive installs and in-app actions, preferred.
• Experience using any of the following campaign management tools such as: Google AdWords Editor, Bing Ads Editor, Acquisio, Kenshoo, Marin Software, Quantic Minds, SA360 (DoubleClick Search), Wordstream, Webtrends, Doubleclick Campaign Manager (DCM or CM), preferred.
• Organized and comfortable using team collaboration software like Basecamp or Asana, preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g34vpx-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.
Simon & Schuster, a division of ViacomCBS, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats.