- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionParamount Pictures works with the entertainment industry's biggest filmmakers and brightest stars to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The iconic Paramount logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as Sunset Boulevard, The Godfather, Forrest Gump and Ferris Buellers Day Off; and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, and Mission: Impossible. Recent break-out films such as A Quiet Place, Rocketman and Top Gun: Maverick have further elevated Paramount Pictures film legacy.
Paramount Pictures Australia (PP Australia) is responsible for the sales, marketing, and distribution of theatrical work produced by Paramount Pictures and other Paramount units and studios.
We now have an opportunity for an experienced and energetic Publicity Manager to join our high performing team. This is a permanent full-time role based in SYDNEY.
Enough about us! What you'll do as National Publicity Manager:
As the National Publicity Manager, you will work closely with the Senior National Publicity Manager to identify films audience, media targets and individual film publicity strategy and implement campaign initiatives to generate national publicity coverage for Paramount Pictures Theatrical Releases.
What will you be doing?
• Manage and implement publicity breaks for individual film titles through media outlets and Paramount Pictures digital channels
• Build and distribute media releases and pitch talent access and publicity opportunities to media outlets across TV, print, radio, online and social.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with local entertainment media (both metropolitan & regional) across all mediums (TV, print, radio, online and social).
• Work closely with internal marketing and sales teams to find opportunities to collaborate and amplify media, social, promotions, and exhibition initiatives.
• Implement and attend local screenings and events including reviewer/media screenings and targeted word-of-mouth programs in line with overall screening strategy & budget.
• Assist with the management and implementation of local talent tours and associated events
• Liaise with state agencies for state-based media opportunities.
• Track and report on national publicity campaigns and budgets
• SAP management, purchase order entry, goods receipting
• General ad hoc administration duties
What are we looking for?
• We'd like to see 3+ years of experience working in Publicity and managing campaigns, preferably in media/entertainment, bringing advanced understanding of Australian media outlets, social media & influencer landscape with established media contacts & relationships to leverage
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work within tight deadlines and under pressure, with well-developed organisational and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with people of varying professional levels
• Interpersonal skills – including internal and external clients of varying professional levels
• Solid skills in MS Office suite with immense attention to detail
• Creative flair and lateral thinking
• Highly collaborative, clear ability to work well within a team and take direction from different people
• Passionate about entertainment - a fan of film and pop culture
• Proactive/self-starter/ self-motivated
• High levels of common sense, integrity and honesty
• Calm disposition even when working under pressure, with a healthy sense of humour
This is a rare opportunity to join a high-profile, global organisation where you can thrive.
Paramount embraces differences and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds regardless of factors such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property or birth. These grounds also include age, nationality, marital status, disability, place of residence and sexual orientation.
We recognise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as Australia's First Peoples, and the Traditional Custodians of the land where we live and work. We pay our respects to Elders, past, present and emerging, and we are proud to live in a country which is home to the world's oldest living cultures.
With a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount Pictures' passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount Pictures controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group. Paramount Pictures is a subsidiary of Paramount, which connects with billions of people worldwide through its global brands including MTV, CBS, Paramount Network, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and streaming service Paramount+.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqe2vm-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.