Overview & Responsibilities:
We are currently seeking a Manager to join us and support the Audit Group within the Participations and Residuals department for Paramount Global. This role will assist the Executive Director to lead, gather, coordinate and prepare financial data as needed in conjunction with compliance/financial audits, including: third party participations, residuals/guild requests and inquiries, US GAAP financial audits, international statutory filings and other compliance projects for the various business divisions (Paramount Pictures, CBS Studios, Showtime, Viacom Networks, etc.).
We hope to onboard a hardworking teammate to add to our dynamic group that leads audit projects across the entirety of Paramount Global brands and business units! The ideal candidate is well organized and eager to take initiative. Key resposnibilities include:
• Perform data extractions and reconcile any discrepancies to prepare reports that support financial statement balances. Review the propriety and reasonableness of data received by the various divisions as reported
• Trace, analyze, and prepare journal entries from source records to ensure completeness and satisfaction of supporting documentation
• Serve as the primary manager by assigning and delegating request list items to the responsible parties and monitor the timely completion of any outstanding items. Coordinate and follow-up with business unit accounting teams as necessary.
• Compile financial data, remove extraneous data, or redact confidential information as deemed necessary prior to providing to external parties. Ensure the integrity of the financial models and quality of spreadsheets used in analysis and provided to the respective parties
• Assist Directors to review the supporting documentation prepared by the team of data support analysts. Interpret and understand financial documents and be able to explain any unusual transactions
• If unusual transactions are identified, coordinate with the department head as toaccurateroper disposition of these items, as necessary
• Analyze claims and conduct additional research in defense of litigation as needed
• Assist and hold meetings with external auditors, internal auditors, and quarterly/year-end audit requests
• Maintain strict confidentially of information while reading and reasonably understand complex legal agreements
• Perform various projects such as research, special projects and statistical analysis as needed
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting or any related field is highly preferred
• Minimum 5 years related work experience in Entertainment-related company (studios, guilds), Participation and Residuals accounting knowledge is highly preferred
• Aptitude for data analysis or data warehousing skills (SAP, BW, Hyperion)
• Proven success with organizational expertise and project management skills are critical
• Excellent computer skills in Excel, Word, Microsoft Access and PowerPoint are essential
• Execute against goals and deadlines.
• Influence and effectively communicate with others to drive work forward
• Design, apply, and interpret robust analytical solutions to support decisions
• Positively contribute to a culture of people development and learning
• Uphold ways of working that promote DE&I advocacy
• Translate the ''big picture'' vision into a clear action plan
• Track record of balancing various projects in a fast-paced environment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Collective Bargaining agreements understanding and/or residuals experience
• Public accounting (audit) or internal audit experience
• CPA candidate or CPA designation preferred
• Current technical knowledge of GAAP are a plus!
• Actively seeks diverse views and fosters an inclusive team environment
• May require limited travel
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn90y5-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.