OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manager of OTC works in the Global Accounting Organization overseeing Receivables of approximately $500M monthly. This role reports to the Director of CBS Networks and works with staff to improve relationships with Advertising Agencies, reduce discrepancies, improve cash collections and cash flow for the CBS Television Stations (CTS) Group. The Manager will work with other business groups for timely and accurate completion of billing, invoice discrepancy resolution and client management, cash collections, cash applications, A/R analysis, bad debt risk assessment and reporting. The team is responsible for cash flow targets and collections, while also managing sales system, interfaces and reconciliations. The Manager plays an active role in supporting the Paramount Global Working Capital Initiative, Organizational Transformation, and the company's new ERP rollout to SAP S4.
In partnership with the Director of Credit and Collections and the Vice President, Sales Operations, the Manager of OTC will lead a team of 8 OTC Analysts throughout multiple domestic regions and locations.
This position will lead a team of 8 analysts for running the Receivables organization with a focus on improving cash flow and its processes.
- Assist in all functions of the monthly Receivables close, including billing validations and reconciliations
- Identify billing discrepancies on invoices and effectively communicate to Sales team
Oversee the review of all discrepancies and bad debt write-offs into Oracle Receivables for National Sales
- Manage Political collections with team, including cash applications, reconciliations and refunds
- Prepare monthly cash forecasts for month end and cash flow management
- Assess credit worthiness of new and existing Ad Sales customers
- Work with Credit team enforcing credit holds, cash in advance or credit rejections
- Assist teams – tasks, workload, performance and skills
- Improve and maintain relationships with Customers
- Improve collection policies and procedures
- Work with the TV Stations on all aspects related to Receivables and credit
- Work closely with cash application team to complete the order to cash strategy
- Work with Paramount Legal on clients experiencing financial difficulties
- Build and maintain relationships with third party collection agencies
- Actively participate in credit organizations
- Identifying fluctuations and communicate necessary adjustments needed to increase or decrease the bad debt reserve in conjunction with our television stations
- Assist in the hiring and training for all new credit employees
- Submit Audit, SOX & Compliance supporting documentation on all tested controls for Global Reporting for internal & external audits
- Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related experience
- Strong Management experience required with 8+ years experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing organizational landscape
- Excellent time, project management and execution skills
- Challenges the status quo and brings up new ideas
- Actively seeks diverse views and fosters an inclusive team environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to lead, coach & direct
- ERP and financial system experience (SAP a plus)
- Strong Microsoft Office Experience- (in particular Excel Skills)
- Process Owner -implementing operational improvement
- Technology savvy
At all levels of Finance, every employee is expected to embody these core competencies:
- Complete goals and deadlines.
- Influence and effectively communicate with others to drive work forward!
- Design, apply, and interpret robust analytical solutions to support decisions
- Positively contribute to a culture of people development and learning
- Uphold ways of working that promote DE&I advocacy
- Translate the ''big picture'' vision into a clear action plan
- Forward thinking and adaptable to company transformation
Hiring Salary Range: $85,600.00 - 107,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj73yw-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.