Principal Infrastructure Engineer
New York, NY
We at Paramount are looking for a dedicated Lead Software Engineer to drive development of our next generation, cloud-based content distribution pipeline in AWS that is being used to distribute media files to VOD partners worldwide! The role will lead engineering efforts to craft and develop scalable systems and workflows that process media file transformation, and fulfill content distribution orders for VOD, SVOD, DTO, linear television, and OTT apps and sites. Specifically, video, image, caption, subtitle, and audio are extracted, clipped, concatenated, and transcoded to meet the delivery requirements of the partner. This includes building significant software that will integrate with media asset management and transcoding systems that will help showcase the newest content to our customers around the globe, using serverless technologies such as DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, Step Functions, SQS, and more!
The right person will demonstrate expertise in developing services using event-driven architectures, as well as lead the full lifecycle of systems, work on interesting problems, and collaborate with teammates in the US, Europe, and India. In addition, this person will provide oversight of the engineering strategies employed by technical leads, validating their approaches, coordinating efforts, and eliminating duplication. To accomplish this, the candidate should be proficient with standard engineering methodologies and file-based workflows that handle content distribution and media file transformation.
• Build and maintain highly scalable, high-performance, multithreaded, software modules.
• Ensure that the engineering team accurately acts in accordance to deliver high quality, maintainable software.
• Design, develop, test, and deploy new solutions, as well as maintaining, integrating, and improving existing solutions.
• Work with the product team to understand and deliver on their requirements.
• Handle individual project priorities, deadlines, and solutions.
• Participate in preparing business cases, requirements, documents, and product roadmaps for new concepts.
• Be an authoritative source for content engineering, particularly in the areas of video, audio, and captioning.
• Lead, attend, and participate in meetings and committees when able.
• At least 5 years of experience with building for the cloud, including experience with AWS CloudFormation, AWS Lambda, Amazon S3, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS Step Functions, IAM, and Amazon SQS.
• Understanding media container formats and codecs, working with media files, and video transformation.
• Proficiency with Python and any other general purpose programming language such as C# or Java.
Hiring Salary Range: $160,000.00 - 165,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8x1wq-3-233-221-90-42 in your application.