Associate Engineer, Media Systems Support
This position is responsible for assisting the Manager of Critical Operations and directing the facility maintenance team and vendors for Paramount Cloud Control Center (CCC) located in Hauppauge, NY. This location is a critical 24/7 facility that will be the central location for Paramount broadcast and Datacenter operations. In this role, you will coordinate, implement, and evaluate daily facility activities. This role includes the upkeep of space, maintaining critical building systems and equipment, support construction projects, and supervising building services. Work is performed independently with the general supervision of the Manager. You should live near the facility and be available 24/7 to work OT on request for emergency situations. This is a great opportunity to join an amazing team within a leading global media entertainment company!
Overview and Responsibilities
• Directs the performance of contracted maintenance work as needed.
• Partners with the Manager to schedule all required building inspections/ maintenance. (e.g., ensuring the timely performance of maintenance contract work, overseeing the fulfillment of equipment warranty obligations by the installer, and securing equipment manuals and drawings from the installers/contractors)
• Responsible for trainings (e.g., staff trainings, test running Generators / Load Banking, safety training requirements, site-specific training system covering all MEP systems)
• Schedule equipment to be taken offline so that preventative maintenance can be performed. Monitor operation of electrical and mechanical equipment supporting all operations. Requires the ability to analyze the operation of the various systems, resolve cause of any problem / malfunctions and corrective action as required
• Understands the engineering design and operational aspects of the MEP Systems and Components. Must be able to immediately recognize system shortcomings and respond to operational and emergency situations.
• Participates in facilities project coordination, new construction, and other planning activities of other departments.
• Monitor operation of chiller plants, cooling towers and air conditioning equipment throughout facility. Including but not limited to Heating, ventilation, hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; reviewing logs as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions on an as need basis.
• Performs preventive tasks when required and oversee all repairs and maintenance at the site. Determines frequency of repair and/or maintenance for all MEP systems.
• Ensures the availability of an adequate inventory of tools and other supplies to operate the building. Specific duties include but are not limited to developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks of inventory levels and equipment conditions.
• Aligns with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
• Back up contact support for building emergencies, i.e., power outages, equipment failures, weather related issues, etc.
• Ensure security procedures are followed and that communications and systems are up to date.
• Other duties as required.
• HS Diploma with 2 years in mechanical trades, or equivalent.
• 5+ years of experience in facility/plant engineering and maintenance supervision.
• Experience with HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, mechanical systems, Life Safety and electrical systems UPS, static switches, ATS, generators and engineering and operation.
• Knowledge of blueprint and construction documents is necessary, including recognition of general construction, HVAC, BMS, electrical and plumbing drawings.
• This is an onsite role
• Prior Lead Engineer / team leader and managerial experience preferred.
• HVAC and electrical engineering training useful.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint) MS Project, BMS systems.
• Understands aspects of construction planning and project execution.
• Strong ability to apply technology to engage the operations of the property.
• Demonstrates verbal/written communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills, organizational skills, strong leadership skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.
• Execute against goals and deadlines
• Influence and effectively communicate with others to drive work forward
• Positively contribute to a culture of people development and learning
• Uphold ways of working that promote DE&I advocacy
• Translate the ''big picture'' vision into a clear action plan
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3n5mx-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.