Paramount Networks International, is comprised of many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, BET and more. Paramount brands reach more than 3.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 180+ countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages.
This is a great opportunity to join the Paramount team! As a new member of our finance, int'l department, you will have the opportunity to work with other members of your team to ensure that all of our financial operations run smoothly.
We're looking for a new team member to join our finance, int'l department.
This role is responsible for providing financial management and business support to the Velocity International and Local Advertising businesses. Key responsibilities include financial planning and analysis (including allocations), commercial financial support and evaluation of business initiatives. In addition, the role liaises with the Paramount International Markets (PIM) FP&A Centres of Expertise to provide business support and insight at PIM level to Senior Management, and reports the global Digital Operations P&L to the Velocity EVP.
• In addition to providing day to day financial support to the business, the role is responsible for the provision of commercial financial support on ad hoc business initiatives and driving ongoing expense base optimisation.
• Velocity International & Advertising
• Responsible for the day-to-day relationship with the business and ensuring that the Finance team is a trusted partner through provision of insightful analysis to support decision making.
• Working with department heads to manage their budgets and provide day-to-day financial management and business support.
• Ownership and production of all reporting – actuals, forecasting (monthly, AOP & LRP) and allocations out to clusters. This includes coordinating and planning all required elements to meet the International FP&A deadlines. Using detailed knowledge to provide accurate and regular communication of risks and opportunities to management.
• Close liaison with other Finance Centres of Expertise (COEs) where applicable for forecasting and the transactional-processing teams (GBS, Budapest) to provide local assistance as required in order to produce monthly financial reporting.
• Ownership of allocation process to the Clusters, providing periodic analysis and fielding Cluster queries.
• Adhere to internal and external reporting deadlines.
• Assist in the implementation and maintenance of internal controls, working with the Compliance Function and Controllers Group to ensure Sarbanes Oxley requirements are met.
• Continue to seek out continuous improvements in processes (e.g. Production accrual and rev share reporting).
• Responsible for forecasting and ad hoc queries for Central VDSI HQ costs P&L
• Analyse and report monthly full year forecast of global VDSI P&L to EVP
• Working with key stakeholders such as Business Intelligence and PIM management to contribute to delivery and completion of projects as and when they aris
• Any other duties e.g. ad hoc projects, analysis and support for other advertising sales teams as directed by the Int'l Finance VP
• Provide holiday and sickness cover as necessary
• Educated to degree level, with a professional accountancy qualification or significant demonstrable experience working within a finance based role
• Demonstrable post qualification experience within a fast paced, multinational, constantly evolving environment
• Demonstrable management experience, including managing upwards, sideways and working with remote support teams
• Intermediate to advanced excel skills
• Experience working with a general ledger (SAP) and reporting results systems
• Systems experience in data extraction for report writing
• Commercially focused with a client service approach
• Confidence in dealing and building relationships with all levels of management
• Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills
• Strong understanding of how to implement and maintain internal controls over financial processes
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Well organised with strength in prioritising
• Flexible attitude to achieve results
• Positive outlook and ambition to progress within Finance
• Driven by a challenge
We believe you will enjoy working with us because:
• Our recently launched private health insurance program can give you an opportunity to reach private clinics in many cases
• Our monthly cafeteria package includes OTP SZÉP card, car sharing option, nursury and home loan support
• All You Can Move sportpass registration is possible
• We work in hybrid mode with 2-3 days expected at the office/week
• We're enthusiastic about our job, and we want you to be, too!
• You can work in a multicultural environment with a great team
• You will get space to work independently, still with the support of senior leaders.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpq8qe-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.