This position is responsible for managing expenses across the US Consumer Products business and leading the coordination effort across all teams. The Manager will be responsible for monthly reporting of spend throughout the year, submitting forecast updates, building annual budgets, developing long-range plans and more. In this role, you will also be responsible for month-end reconciliation of all accounts, consolidated expense reporting and variance analysis. You will lead a large and disparate stakeholder group and work closely with the Senior Director FP&A and other finance members to complete key deliverables. This is an amazing opportunity to join a growing team and a global media and entertainment company!
Overview and Responsibilities
Forecasting & Budgeting:
• Expense ownership across the US P&L
• Lead the annual budget and LRP process across US expense planning and inputting assumptions.
• Coordinate and load annual budgets, 5-year plans, and monthly forecast updates in finance systems (Longview) and aligned with corporate finance guidance and deadlines for all deliverables.
• Lead detailed templates for the business teams to use effectively for planning purposes
• Reconcile all expense results and details, resolve discrepancies with accounting
• Review all marketing, T&E, research, G&A and temp employee results for accuracy
• Variance analysis commentary to comparison periods
• Assist with pulling together regular global consolidation reports for key expense lines.
US CP Business Support
• Leads monthly meetings with business teams to run through results, communicate fluctuations from forecasts and handling changes within guidelines
• Leads expense codes for marketing across new properties/categories of spend
• Runs any transfers or reclasses communicated between teams
• Supports the quarterly participations expense deduction reporting.
• Posting expense accruals/prepayments where necessary, especially at year end.
• Monitors CBS/Paramount spend for intercompany chargeback between Viacom and those brands
• Handling transactional inquiries and questions coming from across the US team
• Advises US CP team on how to resolve vendor/invoice issues.
• Other ad-hoc duties as they arise.
• 5-7 years previous experience in a finance and planning position
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• Strong technical skills: advanced in Microsoft Excel and preferred experience with SAP and Longview.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Expense management experience preferred
• Experience with reconciliation and accounting close cycles
• Attention to detail, ability to resolve problems and improve efficiency
• Strong organizational skills – handle contending priorities and deadlines.
• Delivers objectives on Business Results
• Aimed to identify and implement process/reporting improvements where necessary
• Ability to work both independently and in a team setting, working in office and remotely
• Effectively communicates financial results and forecasts with non-finance collaborators
• Ability to solve problems and be inquisitive
• Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Sought out by others to answer questions as a problem solver
• US CP licensing – business sales, marketing, and franchise teams
• Consumer Products & Experiences Finance Teams
• Operations and Strategy teams
• CBS and Paramount Finance teams
• Participations team
Hiring Salary Range: $85,600.00 - 107,000.00. The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqz1p9-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.